ZIP.au3 UDF in pure AutoIt

torels

Is very strange that if you have the flags for CopyHere method set as 4 ( to not show the compressing dialog will ) not work but in my case ( both on w7 and xp sp3 ) when i use 0x4 instead of 4 works even if 0x4 is practically the same as 4 or even 04 ( octal ) . And even more strange is that when you are not copying to a zip folder both 4 and 0x4 work .

I searched a lot for a method to suppress the dialog cause _hiding with SW_HIDE is ugly and there are chances to show the dialog for a very short time , the eye can see the window even if the window is present just for 30 milliseconds .

I hope this might help others , cause there are other ways to suppress the dialog but they imply much more coding and knowledge and they are cumbersome .

Edited by Azraelsub7

• Moderators

Azraelsub7,

wraithdu has completely rewritten this UDF here - responders went into some detail about why this happens and possible solutions. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@Melba23

Yeah i know i read this and that thread a thousand times , still flags don't work , using either 20 or 4 will still show the dialog on my machines , using 0x4 instead will not display compressing dialog , and that is very weird .

You should try it , maybe is the same for you , anyway i use my own udf for zipping with the same method ( shell object ) ( cause this is the only way using windows build in features ) , but i do not need much of the functionality that is present here .

I saw that some said that dialog comes from zipfldr.dll but i don't think that is correct as MS programs usually store dialogs in resources , and on both w7 and xp , zipfldr.dll has no dialogs in resources .

There are other threads in witch users complain that flags don't work , as i said i did a lot of searches but thanks greatly for your good intention .

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I'm trying this:

_Zip_UnzipAll("tempdownload\" & $downloadfile & ".zip", "tempdownload\" & $downloadfile & "\")

And it isn't giving any errors or anything but it isn't extracting anything for me, any ideas?

I already checked and the $downloadfile part is all good and well, no problems there

I have no idea what "flags" I may need to use, I haven't found them listed anywhere =S

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You should check in your _Zip_AddXXXX if the file/folder to add exist (if not, actualy, the script pause indefinitively)

_GUIRegisterMsg (Register more than 1 time the same Msg), _Resize_Window (GUICtrlSetResizing for children windows), _GUICtrlSetOnHover (Link a function when mouse go on, left, clic down, clic up, on a control), _InputHeure (Create an input for hour contain), _GUICtrlCalendar (Make a complete calendar), _GUICtrlCreateGraphic3D (Create a 3D graph), _ArrayEx.au3 (Array management), _GUIXViewEx.au3 (List/Tree View management).

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have installed the UDF library.

I have a problem, I want to extract the file natives.zip(it is located in %APPDATA%.extremecraft)to the %APPDATA%.extremecraftnatives

Please correct my function.

_Zip_UnzipAll($natives, @AppDataDir & ".extremecraftnatives")

Thank you.

Edited by mamutos99

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

i used this udf and i didnt get an error code but it didnt work

#include <zip.au3>
$hFolder = "D:7z-shell"
$hZipFile = "@AppDataDir & 'hello.zip'"
$flag = '1'
_Zip_AddFolderContents($hZipFile, $hFolder, $flag = 1)

"D:7z-shell" isn't a valid path. You probably ment "D:7z-shell"

Edited by garbb

I noticed that I was getting an error intermittently when adding a bunch of files to a zip file using the _Zip_AddFolderContents function. The error is in the _Zip_List() function on the $oApp.Namespace($hZipFile).Items line. Basically I think that $oApp.Namespace($hZipFile) was sometimes not returning an object because the _Zip_AddFolderContents function is trying to write to the zip file and read the contents of the zip file at the same time. I modified Zip.au3 slightly so that the error is a COM error instead of an autoit3 error and added a COM error handler so that at least the script will run fully instead of exiting out when the error happens. I know this is not a proper fix but it was the only thing I could come up with to make it work...

Zip.au3

• 3 weeks later...

I get the following error when I use zip.au3 and console.au3 together.  To simulate this error please create a new script in SciTE script editor and include zip.au3 and console.au3 and then run it.  You will get two pop up messages.

Here are the error messages:

First Popup message:

AutoIt Error: 

Line 456 (File "C:Program Files (z86)|AutoIt3Includezip.au3:):

$ZipFile=#ZipSplit[2]
$ZipFile=^Error

Error:  Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

Second popup message:

Line 455 (File "C:Program Files (z86)|AutoIt3IncludeConsole.au3:):

If $_Amount_Startup_COnsole Then If^Error

Error:  Variable used without being declared.

• 4 months later...

On Windows 7 x64 the _Hide() function does not work.

This is the fix for it.

Func _Hide()
    If ControlGetHandle("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "[CLASS:DirectUIHWND; INSTANCE:1]") <> "" And WinGetState("[CLASS:#32770]") <> @SW_HIDE   Then ;The Window Exists
        $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:#32770]")
        WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_HIDE)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Just change the SysAnimate32 to DirectUIHWND

Edited by ScriptingNewbie

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I can't really get the progressbar away. If I use the flag as 1 or not, doesnt work. The progressbar is still there. I really want to unzip quietly. :)

#include <Zip.au3>
$filepath = "test.zip"
$pathtosavethefileat = "c:\temp"
_Zip_UnzipAll($filepath, $pathtosavethefileat, 1)

Should I do something else to make it work? Is anyone else having this problem?

--- EDIT---

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and tried to use the "new" hide function above. 

Func _Hide()     
If ControlGetHandle("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "[CLASS:DirectUIHWND; INSTANCE:1]") <> "" And WinGetState("[CLASS:#32770]") <> @SW_HIDE Then ;The Window Exists         
$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:#32770]")         
WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_HIDE)     
EndIf 
EndFunc

Unfortunately that didn't work. 

/Fredricz

Edited by Fredricz

• Moderators

Fredricz,

If you read my post at the top of this page you will find the answer - which unfortunately is not what you want to hear. :(

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old post, but is there any way to exclude specific files that contain certain strings.  For example if I zip a folder called test that has files named 1-5 in it can I exclude the file named 4 or with 4 in its name.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am using your script and I'm wondering about the return value of _Zip_AddFile. When I'm using an absolute path with no trailing "/" or "\", your function returns 1, but perfectly creates a file in the zip directory. When I'm adding the "/" or "\" i get no error (0), but nothing is added.

What am I doing wrong?

I added a snippet of my code. Excuse me for my coding-style, which is no Autoit-standard. :)

Func FileCopyToZipLog($name, $prefix, $sourceFile)
   $zipDir = $DIR_LOGFILES & $name & ".zip"
   $dir = $DIR_LOGFILES

If Not FileExists($zipDir) Then
      _Zip_Create($zipDir)
   EndIf

$filename =  $dir & $prefix & @MDAY & "." & @MON & "." & @YEAR & "_" & @HOUR & "h" & @MIN & "m" & @SEC & "s" & ".txt"

FileCopy($sourceFile, $filename)
   $success = _Zip_AddFile($zipDir, $filename)
   MsgBox(0, "Return Value", $success)

FileDelete($filename)
EndFunc

Edited by Marvin_Baral
inserted code

• 2 months later...

I an trying to unzip a file using

_Zip_UnzipAll("C:\Users\Brodie\AppData\Local\Temp\NewInstall\MSIAfterBurner.zip", "C:\Users\Brodie\AppData\Local\Temp\NewInstall",[1])

and I get 

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\Brodie\Desktop\Install\NewInstall.au3"    
"C:\Users\Brodie\Desktop\Install\NewInstall.au3" (269) : ==> Error in expression.:
_Zip_UnzipAll("C:\Users\Brodie\AppData\Local\Temp\NewInstall\MSIAfterBurner.zip", "C:\Users\Brodie\AppData\Local\Temp\NewInstall",[1])
_Zip_UnzipAll("C:\Users\Brodie\AppData\Local\Temp\NewInstall\MSIAfterBurner.zip", "C:\Users\Brodie\AppData\Local\Temp\NewInstall",^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.003

Thanks for any help! 

Screenshot attached showing the file is there.

Capture.JPG

Edited by esullivan