Hi, Send Question

Hi is it possible to have Send key Send instantly instead of simulated. or is there another function that does the same.

Like for example,

Send("hi, Whatsup")

Send("{enter}")

It types out the letters, is it possible for it to just put it out there as though it were being copied and pasted.

if all else fails that's what ill have to do.

And im sending to an aim window.

This is the only Way I know how to do it:

Use Autoit Window info Tool to get The control to interact with. Edit1 is for notepad

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("Untitled -")
ControlSetText("Untitled -", "", "Edit1", "New Text Here" )
Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

You will only get near-instant speeds using Send even after changing the speed. It has to press the key, release the key, then press the next, release it, etc. You will get a pause of a small (should be hard to measure) amount. Also the speed of the application is important. Some programs use custom text areas that don't draw as quickly.

Check out ControlSend in help file it should have what you need I believe

ControlSend will send keystrokes directly to the control, but still has the same delays associated with send

Look into Controlsettext(), using the "Autoit Window info" tool to find the required control IDs.

Or

Clipput("Automated AIM message")

send("^v")