Documentation

Jon

• Developers

Help on the help file is much appreciated as Larry and I _really_ hate documenting... :whistle:

Think this is very usefull info for starters....

few remarks:

maybe you want to say something about the "WinTitleMatchMode" ? ( or will that be covered in the "Advanced modes" page which you are writing?)

is this the correct default path?? (Program Files\AU3_Spy.exe) .

found 2 typo's: specifed - specifiy

p.s. like the Library Function Reference B)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Administrators

maybe you want to say something about the "WinTitleMatchMode" ? ( or will that be covered in the "Advanced modes" page which you are writing?)

Yeah, doing that page now.

It will be good to have a description of the WinWaitActive/WinWait/WinActivate philosophy.

I mean by that some good practice to have a script keeping control on the windows activities.

PS I need an English lesson for the Steak-house/bistro comparison perhaps not a special using AutoIt page not needed :whistle:

Not that I care, but it might also be good to include a page on where to get the installer for AutoIt and how to install the application. I know how to do this, but others might have some difficulties. Thx.

Sincerely yours,Jeremy Landesjlandes@landeserve.com

Not that I care, but it might also be good to include a page on where to get the installer for AutoIt and how to install the application.  I know how to do this, but others might have some difficulties.  Thx.

I assume you mean on the AutoIt website instead of in the help file, right?
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

Just mailed a proposal to add an "Advanced Editor: section to the "Using AutoIt" section where we describe how to use the commonly used editors and AutoIt with Syntax Highlighting, Context sensitive help, Run and compile scripts from within the editor. I include the Crimson description and the TextPad description that Trids posted. Others probably can describe this for the editors they use.

Think this could be usefull for others to know how these needs to be setup.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Jon, could you make a few change to Table Of Contents entry Titles in the Helpfile?

This would add these Keywords also to the index when you generate it with the script... tnx

Func...EndFunc -> Func...Return...EndFunc

If -> If...Then

If...Else...EndIf -> If...Then...ElseIf...Else...EndIf

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Documentation (help file) style questions/nitpicks:

1) License: Wordwrap or fixed line length of ~77 characters?

2) Compiling Scripts: Screenshot of Aut2Exe shows "Source File (.aut file)" instead of .au3

3) Index has #-directives and @-macros all at the beginning, but the _-UDFs appear anywhere in the list. Should the the # and @ also appear mixed in, or should the _funcs appear grouped together?

4) Library Function Reference: Table does not wrap, so user must scroll horizontally to read it. Also, perhaps a different color scheme could be used.

5) Appendix: Do you want to highlight links to external websites in a different color? Also I'm not sure about copyright issues regarding the content; I might need to make a few changes to the info....

5) Function syntax specs: How do you want spaces and brackets around optional parameters?

WinWaitNotActive ( "title" [, "text" [, timeout]] )
WinWaitNotActive("title", ["text"], [timeout])
other...
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

4)  Library Function Reference:  Table does not wrap, so user must scroll horizontally to read it.  Also, perhaps a different color scheme could be used.

I added the nowrap to both columns because the first column became somewhat unreadable when we added the parameters to it... Would just wrapping the description work or do you think we should go back to wrapping both ?

Assume the color you refer to is the color of the include file cell?... what value would you think is better ? (currently its bgcolor="#C4ECFF")

I think we should also change "Include filename: <Date.au3>" to "#Include <Date.au3>" since that is what need to be coded in the script... agree ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I put them in there on Jon's request..

Just played a bit with the table and it think it looks better when I make the font smaller and remove the nowrap on the description....

see example : http://home.planet.nl/~zande499/autoit/libfunctions.htm

(also put in another color just to try it out)

what do you think ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I put them in there on Jon's request..

Just played a bit with the table and it think it looks better when I make the font smaller and remove the nowrap on the description....

see example : http://home.planet.nl/~zande499/autoit/libfunctions.htm

(also put in another color just to try it out)

what do you think ?

It looks fine but I made a small change in the Table structure. I removed the cell size tags since you have the 1st column set for now wrap and the table width is at 100% then the second column will set itself to 100% - The width needed for the non-wrapping column 1 which should make it easier to resize the Help file window without having scroll bars show up.

Get it here.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Administrators

I think the parameters should be left out of the overall reference page too so you only see them when you click on the link. I would ask Jeremy how he wanted these things documented though as these are his "baby" :whistle:

• Developers

Hehe, I just meant in the actual definition, not the reference page. B)

:whistle: .. misunderstood...

Will take the parameters out... what about the color for the Include file cell ?

I guess we can leave the font size to the standard ...

Edit: removed url

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.