Sound "re-route"

Hey guys, im trying to build a little program to play music, and instead of playing it through the speakers, id like to re-route the sound into the "input" so i can use it in chat rooms as a "mic".

Hopefully it can be done, and hopefully you guys understand what im looking for, haha.

Crome

Why wold you make an application for this as features like these are allready inn windows.

Inn controll-pannel on sound you can select the device you want to use as sound etc. If you have AC 97 sound on you'r mother board it is as simple as a double click inn tray.

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

Why wold you make an application for this as features like these are allready inn windows.

Inn controll-pannel on sound you can select the device you want to use as sound etc. If you have AC 97 sound on you'r mother board it is as simple as a double click inn tray.

Ive looked, and havent found them. I use to own a chat room, but i had a old cd player plugged into my input, and was using that as my sound.

What id like to do is play sound off of lets say winamp, and make it simulate it on the input line or even my mic line so that it can be heard.

if you'r using Ventrilo or Teamspeak you can set them upp to listen to "computer-line" instead of "mic-line".

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

On my old computer, it didn't record internally. I reformatted at some point, and when I reinstalled Windows, it started recording internally. I have no idea how/why. I had some kind of SB Audigy card and an onboard (C-media?) card running at the same time.

Now I've got a new machine, and I'm just using onboard sound. I can't find anywhere to make it record internally on this one either. It's depressing.

I figured I'd share since this guy wants the same thing. One suggestion I was given that you could try (that I haven't bothered to) is to buy an audio jack that splits into two connectors on one end. You plug the single-ended side into your sound card, and then one of the the other parts goes into your speakers as normal. The other part you just plug into the microphone jack. Now all your sound should be going into your microphone's input.

I know some guy who does it, it works for him. I just don't have anything like that handy so I don't bother. Maybe there is a way to make it record internally via software configuration, but I haven't found it.

Open up volume control (double click on speaker tray icon or start->run->sndvol32

Options->properties->Adjust volume for recording.

Ensure box marked "stereo mix" is checked under "show the following volume controls"

Click OK

In the "recording control" ensure "select" under stereo mix is checked. Fiddle with the volume level as needed.

You can change back to "Adjust volume for playback" to set the volume for Wave device, master volume, etc.

I know sometimes chat programs have other ways to try and select the recording device.

Open up volume control (double click on speaker tray icon or start->run->sndvol32

Ensure box marked "stereo mix" is checked under "show the following volume controls"

Click OK

In the "recording control" ensure "select" under stereo mix is checked. Fiddle with the volume level as needed.

You can change back to "Adjust volume for playback" to set the volume for Wave device, master volume, etc.

I know sometimes chat programs have other ways to try and select the recording device.

Not all soundcards has stereo/mono mix though. :/

One solution(hardware based I'm afraid) would be to buy a 3.5mm phono plug cable, and plug it in the output of your soundcard to your mic, and "record" like normally..

Not all soundcards has stereo/mono mix though. :/

One solution(hardware based I'm afraid) would be to buy a 3.5mm phono plug cable, and plug it in the output of your soundcard to your mic, and "record" like normally..

Hm, ill give it a shot guys. Im on Vista, sooo it doesnt have the traditional sound board, which im use to, lol

Ive looked, and havent found them. I use to own a chat room, but i had a old cd player plugged into my input, and was using that as my sound.

What id like to do is play sound off of lets say winamp, and make it simulate it on the input line or even my mic line so that it can be heard.

I've got to ask...

What does "owning" a chat room have to do with anything?

Click OK

Hmm. I never knew what that was for. Good to know. Unfortunately, I checked it off, cranked it up, and get nothing. If I press record in Sound Recorder, it doesn't even do anything. It just sits there (time doesn't change, nothing is recorded). I am just realizing that maybe it always does that.

Oh well :-/