F1 (help) in SciTE bug?

Sometimes it may happen for me that, when I press F1, while my script is already in test mode (F5), on F1 scite launch another test script, so I have 2 non-compiled working scripts. Is this bug, or..?

Has anyone else encountered this?

yea I often have that, just launch help file from the install folder :)

same problem hire.

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

This has happened to me too with every scite/autoit install I've ever used(in all versions too). Not that big of a problem though, just a minor nuisance.

Edit(clarification):

It only happens when a script has been run from scite(with F5), and then you press F1(to open the help file), it then starts another instance of the script for some reason.

Edited by FreeFry

I haven't changed anything, and I'm using latest Autoit/Scite. It happens sometimes, not always when I press F1... ;/

same, occassionally (havent noticed any particular reason why) the help file doesnt load. I load it from the start menu, as going to "help|Help" doesn't work either.

Seems random to me..

• Developers

Its a know issue with the JobQueue in SciTE and has been reported several times here and at the SciTE interest list.

Somebody was working on it some time ago and had it working under windows but still needed to develop it for the gtk side.

The issue is that the running job (Your script) is executed again when you submit the next task (opening the helpfile).

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 5 years later...
  • Moderators

Imbuter2000,

This thread is 5 1/2 years old - from before I joined the forum! :o

The problem has been fixed a long time ago, so I am really surprised to hear that "In 2013 [you] still always encounter this exact bug". What version of SciTE are you running? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Imbuter2000,

This thread is 5 1/2 years old - from before I joined the forum! :o

The problem has been fixed a long time ago, so I am really surprised to hear that "In 2013 [you] still always encounter this exact bug". What version of SciTE are you running? :huh:

M23

I know that it's 5 years old.  I lived with this problem for years indeed and by posting in this thread I wanted to highlight that in 5+ years it has not beed fixed...

"SciTE  Version 3.2.0   Jun  9 2012 00:35:28"

I'm surprised that you don't have this problem.  Maybe you don't often use F5 and F1?

• Moderators

Imbuter2000,

I am using Version 3.3.6 - Oct 19 2013 - looks like you are a bit behind the times. ;)

I'm surprised that you don't have this problem.

Why would I? I told you that "The problem has been fixed" and so it has been. Just upgrade your SciTE. :)

M23

P.S. And do not necro-post like this again. :naughty:

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I just upgrated SciTE to the last version and now it says "Version 3.3.6     Oct 19 2013 17:27:41"   and I can't reproduce the problem.

Yes you wrote that it "has been fixed a long time ago"  but my 6/2012 version that had the problem was not updated until 6/2013 (not long time ago) and I can't see citation of this fix in the history doc: 
http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/History.html

• Moderators

Imbuter2000,

I just upgrated SciTE to the last version and now it says "Version 3.3.6 Oct 19 2013 17:27:41" and I can't reproduce the problem

Excellent. :)

And thank you for your effusive compliments in return for having solved your problem - or was I perhaps mistaken and you were just complaining about my choice of phrase? :huh:

M23

Spoiler