Battery monitoring

Hey folks. I have searched this subject over and over on AutoIt and some on the web but can't find quite what I would like.

Here is the situation.

We have about 20 plus laptops at work. They have been in place for about 1.5 to 2 years. Some are on carts so are freqently being charged and discharged. Recently, (this may have just built up too) it has been mentioned that laptop batteries are not staying charged. My basic research gives a number of possible reasons for this, however, to be sure the batteries themselves are working well, I was looking for some software that could monitor them and give somewhat of a history and a saved log file.

I think if I could get a good history of charge and discharge times, rates, and lengths, I could do some calculations and get a pretty good idea as to which, if any batteries are having issues.

Upon browsing the forums, I have come across different udf's that get battery. I was comparing the data from the software program below to the _ComputerGetBattery UDF. The data that I would like to get gives no value from the UDF. I am not sure how the software below is retrieving that data but has the information I could use.

There is a piece of software I found that has great info and the price is good for one device but I doubt I'll get the OK for the purchase of the number of licenses I need. I don't need the chart though it is handy.

BatteryMon

Here is that data that would probably help.

Staus= Yes (charge/discharge/other info)

DesignCapacity= (no data shown from udf)

FullChargeCapacity= (no data shown from udf)

CurrentCapacity= I don't see this option in the UDF

Also, I think Name: Primary indicates if it is the primary battery (our laptops have two batteries)

If anyone has info or scripts to help, I would appreciate it. I don't mind writing my own either and am still researching accessing wmi objects but it is an area I have not ventured in much.

Thanks

Be open minded but not gullible.A hammer sees everything as a nail ... so don't be A tool ... be many tools.

• 7 months later...

I was also looking for a way to make a power meter. I didn't find anything on the forums but stumbled on this on my own. I'm posting this on the posts that were talking about power meters.

This works on my Compaq running XP. It will import even it the window is hidden. I do have the icon set to always show in the taskbar. $power1 imports the words Batteries or AC Power and $power2 imports the battery life in percent.

$power1 = ControlGetText("Power Meter", "", "Static6")
$power2 = ControlGetText("Power Meter", "", "Static8")
msgbox (0,"", $power1 & "  " & $power2)