Need help --->>>create .pdf file

I would like to create a .pdf file but I do not know how, and where to start from.

I am beginer and I really nead some help on the subject!

Could anyone help me with some advice and/or some codes?...pls

I do not like stupid and idiot people that write idiot things...If you are one, do not write.

Why would you want to write code for that? PDF is not a simple format, and others have invented that wheel.

I would suggest googling for "create pdf free", and see if you can find some easily automatable tool, preferably one with a commandline interface so you can easily do it invisibly and on the fly.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Why would you want to write code for that? PDF is not a simple format, and others have invented that wheel.

I would suggest googling for "create pdf free", and see if you can find some easily automatable tool, preferably one with a commandline interface so you can easily do it invisibly and on the fly.

That would work for me, but what I want my script to do is as it follows:

- the user inputs some values that are inserted into a file that contains a table with column and rows, and that table is to be converted into a .pdf file.

I will search and use a .pdf converter to convert the file , but before that, I have to create the file with that table....and I do not know how.

Perhaps I could create that file containing the table manualy and just insert the values given by the user, but how?...I supose this way it will be easyer

I do not like stupid and idiot people that write idiot things...If you are one, do not write.

One option: Acroforms + Pdftk.

1. Create the pdf file how you would like it to appear in Acrobat.

2. Create all input fields and name them uniquely.

3. Click Forms > Manage form data > Export data

4. Save the fdf file somewhere you'll remember

The fdf file is the template which you can use to populate your form, you can have AutoIt generate an fdf file which you can either open directly or merge into a static pdf document using pdftk.

Looking back that all sounds confusing.

One option: Acroforms + Pdftk.

1. Create the pdf file how you would like it to appear in Acrobat.

2. Create all input fields and name them uniquely.

3. Click Forms > Manage form data > Export data

4. Save the fdf file somewhere you'll remember

The fdf file is the template which you can use to populate your form, you can have AutoIt generate an fdf file which you can either open directly or merge into a static pdf document using pdftk.

Looking back that all sounds confusing.

Could you please tell me how could I generate a .fdf file in AutoIt? An example could really help!

Another possibility is to print the page of information as you want it using my print udf and dll, and select a pdf printer such as CutePDF suggested by tomB616, or BroadGun pdfMachine which I prefer.

A link to the print udf is in my signature.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

its probably the easiest way to generate a HTML file first (with tables) then use a HTML 2 PDF converter

there is a free service for start "http://html2pdf.seven49.net/Web/"

Not entirely free. It has a limited number of convertions...:)...couldn't find another one....it would be nice if I could find a command line html to pdf converter....entirely free.

Another possibility is to print the page of information as you want it using my print udf and dll, and select a pdf printer such as CutePDF suggested by tomB616, or BroadGun pdfMachine which I prefer.

A link to the print udf is in my signature.

I can't seem to find the printMGv2.au3 file....the .zips you have there contain only a link file

I can't seem to find the printMGv2.au3 file....the .zips you have there contain only a link file

The download should contain a zip which extracts to a link file. Double clicking the link will get the print udf files. However, when I tested it the link in my thread didn't even give me a zip which contained a link.

Thanks for telling me. Now repaired I hope, please let me know if there's still a problem.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hail ptrex :)

I had no idea he did this (thanks for pointing this out Valuater).

I have no use at this particular moment but ... it is definitely something to have it in my favorites; just in case I might need it sometime :P

And the answer for original poster: Mihai - have a play with this, I'm sure it will help you alot. If stuck somewhere - ask for help.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)