[SOLVED] How to retrieve/change value in input box in external application?

Hello!

I've seen a similar question has been asked before, but now I can't find it...must be searching for wrong keywords...

Anyway, the situation is the following:

a program asks to save a file (standard save file dialog), I need create an automated filename input, with changing path of the file and maybe the filename.

I've done so far "save file" window detection, also I've tryed use ControlSend function to change filename, however, using ControlSend creates problem if you are typing something at that time. So, ControlSend is not preferable.

So, if anyone know an answer or at least could point me to a right direction...

Thank you.

Edited by vanowm

Hello!

I've seen a similar question has been asked before, but now I can't find it...must be searching for wrong keywords...

Anyway, the situation is the following:

a program asks to save a file (standard save file dialog), I need create an automated filename input, with changing path of the file and maybe the filename.

I've done so far "save file" window detection, also I've tryed use ControlSend function to change filename, however, using ControlSend creates problem if you are typing something at that time. So, ControlSend is not preferable.

So, if anyone know an answer or at least could point me to a right direction...

Thank you.

Check out FileSaveDialog() in the Help file.