Tank 2 Game, a LAN game client/server

Fabry

This is an online game like Call of Duty, but more simple.

It is composed by one server and several clients.

As CoD, there are some kinds of match (DeathMatch DM, TeamDeathMatch TDM, Capture the flag CTF, Search & Destroy S&D(not avaible), HeadQuarters HD(not avaible)), you are a mini tank ▲ and shoot other tanks, capture the flag.

At the moment exists the Italian version, but the words are few... :)

Server Form:

Nome server: this is the name of the server visible to clients;

Tipo di gioco: type of match DM, TDM, CTF..;

N° Max Giocatori: Max Number of players;

Permetti votazione: Not Avaible, it's for the vote

Tempo min: Time of the match in minute;

A & B Buttons: they are the colors of the team;

PSW: password for the administration from remote;

Carica Mappa: Load Map;

IP 1 or 2: The IP of the binding internal or external

Entrambi IP: Use Internal AND external IP;

Rotazione mappe: rotation fo map;

Avvia: Go!!, Done!!, Start!!;

---------------------------------------

Istructions:

Run Tank - server.exe

Chose the type of match, I prefer CTF

and click "Avvia!!!"

--------------------------------------

Start Tank 2.exe the client

If the server is in your subnet press "Aggiornamento Rapido" else press "aggiornamento"

Double click on server in List or select it and press Accedi.

If you know the IP of the server Insert it in IPaddress Input and Click on "Accedi manualmente"

{SPACE} to shoot Arrow key to move.

Actual version of server: 1.0.0.2 (written in C#)

Actual version of client: 1.0.0.1

Executable and Sources (all in AutoIt):

Executable Source server and client

URL corrected.

Executables and sources of the server written in C#:

Exec and sources server c#

Edited by Fabry
A lan chat (Multilanguage)LanMuleFile transferTank gameTank 2 an online game[center]L'esperienza è il nome che tutti danno ai propri errori.Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.Oscar Wilde[/center]

Update new server written in C#!!!!

Only Executable:

Executable files Server and Client

Executable and Source:

Executable and Source

To do List:

>complete S&D match

>complete HD match

>translate into English

>improve the speed, maybe using a language like C# that supports multithread

Edited by Fabry
A lan chat (Multilanguage)LanMuleFile transferTank gameTank 2 an online game[center]L'esperienza è il nome che tutti danno ai propri errori.Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.Oscar Wilde[/center]

We can play now, I am in.

I just played you and the whole thing seems to work good. Really good job. :P

Would be great if you could translate the whole thing into english so I could understand it :)

Looking forward to updates.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

this is absolutely astonishing, to me anyways, bravo I haven't played it and probably won't because I have a lot of stuff to do but the mere fact that it works is a testament to your coding prowess. bravo again.

Thank to all, I spent 2-3 months to write a complete version.

But over 10 players it is slow, then I tryto write a version of the server in C#, thus I can use multithread.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks very interesting but I have a high cpu usage! Further an english game language would be much better for understanding :D

Good work!

Ciao

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Yesterday, TK_Incorperate contacted me. He wants to continue my game, add features and translate in English. I am searching a way to make it faster (server written in C# is fast, but the clients are slow to manipulate the data received from server). Maybe using another language to AutoIt or changing all the code of the client.

Hey all, yes I will be helping with this game as well. I've got some ideas in mind to help make it faster, as well as adding a multi-language option that will automatically translate the game to different languages upon selecting them. (I hope to have at least Italian, German, English, and maybe Korean in the future.)

If anyone has ideas for it please feel free to share them, there's no such thing as a bad thought.

-Tyler

I have sent a PM to Fabry (few days ago) about the multilang project but he did not answered me :D

I have done this project and I post the current multilang pack : Click here

Available languages :

-Italian; french; english

The server console is in italian for the moment because I know that some features will be added and then I will translate the whole script :D

Cheers, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

Well guys I've already done some updates, but unfortunately I cannot connect my main comptuer to the internet at this time. However, I'm getting more stuff sent over to me (I'm in Iraq) this weekend, and I'm pretty sure I can get an update posted sometime saturday/sunday. (Not sure what times, since we work 7 days a week over here.)

Thanks FireFox for doing some language upgrades to the script, I haven't checked it out yet but I'm sure it's great work.

PS: I've got some surprises in store, but I don't think they'll be in my first update.

Edited by TK_Incorperate

Well guys I've already done some updates, but unfortunately I cannot connect my main comptuer to the internet at this time. However, I'm getting more stuff sent over to me (I'm in Iraq) this weekend, and I'm pretty sure I can get an update posted sometime saturday/sunday. (Not sure what times, since we work 7 days a week over here.)

Thanks FireFox for doing some language upgrades to the script, I haven't checked it out yet but I'm sure it's great work.

PS: I've got some surprises in store, but I don't think they'll be in my first update.

Thanks for your positive reply :D

Cheers, FireFox.

I have sent a PM to Fabry (few days ago) about the multilang project but he did not answered me :D

I have done this project and I post the current multilang pack : Click here

Sorry, I didn't see your PM, I have to set my new email.

Great work, but you should put the comment near the strings substitute to remember what stand for.

You should check if the files of language exist, otherwise it gives an error.

Dim $a_lng[_FileCountLines(@ScriptDir & '\language\040C.lng')], $f_ff, $f_nf, $s_lng

_filecountlines gives -1 and the array cannot exist.

Edited by Fabry