Button/Graphic without GUI

HanZ

Hello,

I want to show a button and a Graphic on my screen. There should be no GUI visible or better none should exist. So I wanted to ask if it is possible to realize this. Is there a controlID for the "desktop"?

Also I want to have the Graphic always visible. For example if I have opened Firefox it should be visible for me. Is this realizable?

I searched a long time in the AutoIt Help but wasn't sucessful.

Greetings

HanZ

You Could make a transparent window that has the $WS_TOPMOT attribute that is jaust the size of the 2 controls contained in it :)

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

so in which context must I use this $WS_TOPMOT attribute?

When i create the gui or where?

I didn't find any information of $WS_TOPMOT in the AutoIt Help :)

or did you mean $WS_EX_TOPMOST?

Edited by HanZ

i can't find $WS_TOPMOT in this document but i hope it's useful

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/a...x/GUIStyles.htm

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

so in which context must I use this $WS_TOPMOT attribute?

When i create the gui or where?

I didn't find any information of $WS_TOPMOT in the AutoIt Help :)

or did you mean $WS_EX_TOPMOST?

yes

that one... sorry :P

...anyway in the gui

Edited by torels

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

Hello,

I want to show a button and a Graphic on my screen. There should be no GUI visible or better none should exist. So I wanted to ask if it is possible to realize this. Is there a controlID for the "desktop"?

Also I want to have the Graphic always visible. For example if I have opened Firefox it should be visible for me. Is this realizable?

I searched a long time in the AutoIt Help but wasn't sucessful.

Greetings

HanZ

Nice example from Larry Dalooza:

; EXAMPLE SHOWING Bitmap to Region function ( BMP2RGN() )
;
; int BMP2RGN("str","path to BMP",
;    "int",red value,
;    "int",green value,
;    "int",blue value)
;
; The red, green, blue values should be the color of the pixel
; in the BMP that you DON't want to see.
;
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$gui = GUICreate("", 100, 100, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP)

GUICtrlCreatePic("larry.bmp",0,0,100,100)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)

$Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("button", 15, 40, 70, 20)

$a = DLLCall("BMP2RGN.dll","int","BMP2RGN", _
            "str","larry.bmp", _
            "int",0, _
            "int",0, _
            "int",0)

SetWindowRgn($gui, $a[0])

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $Button
            Exit
    EndSelect
WEnd

Func SetWindowRgn($h_win, $rgn)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "SetWindowRgn", "hwnd", $h_win, "long", $rgn, "int", 1)
EndFunc

Background.zip

I see many great code come with a DLLCall, but how did you guys know about that ? i mean the function in DLL and usage ? i know about MSDN but is it the only way ?

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
GUICreate("Example",100,50,Default,Default,$WS_POPUP,$WS_EX_TRANSPARENT + $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
GUICtrlCreateButton("Test Button",0,0,100,50)
GUISetState()

while 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        case -3
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

here's an example :)

Thx torels

your example seems to be also very useful

but now I have another question

I made a GUI with a image and a button and they are always on top ($WS_EX_TOPMOST)

But if I have a activ window and click on the image I have the invisible GUI activated.

Is there a possiblilty to deny this activation of the GUI?

I know that it works fine and rightly. That's why I used the code for my program but I have another problem with that code.

The GUI is always on top ($WS_EX_TOPMOST) but if I click on a image on my invisible GUI i have activated the GUI.

But I don't want to have it activated. The example of Larry Dalooza is just what my program is using. But I added a image on the invisible GUI.

Clicking on that images activates the program so that it is activ. But I don't want to have the program activated by just clicking on the image.