OCR Problem

New to this forum but very active with forums for other languages.

Just wanted to point out that when you qualify who you want to reply to your post as in something like :

"[ Pro's Only ;-) ]".

All it does it usually piss people off including the "pro's" and 9 times out of 10 there is no response.

While we're posting non-constructive replies.

You actually want "Pros" not "Pro's" because the apostrophe would be indicating ownership. (aka Greengrocer's apostrophe)

Is the OP seeking

"A professional's help" or

"The help of professionals"?

There is a third choice - perhaps the OP is in need of "professional help" of a different kind. :-)

OP,

You may have to wait for Kilhian to drop by... interesting post title though.

Maybe:

OCR Problem

(code by ptrex and Kilhian)

...would draw more flies... I mean replies.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

:-)

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Looking back at my response, it looks kind of cold, which was not the intent. Just wanted to warn you that after being in several coding forums, that bad things usually happen when the request is worded like that.

I am also just learning Autoit and wish I could help with your particular problem. It would be doubly hard to learn a new scripting language when English is just your secondary language.

Only helpful I advice I could give is that it may be better to start a new thread with the title mentioning OCR & the author as herewasplato pointed out.

Good luck and well wishes

Hello sorry for my new post about the same problem but my old post was a bit unclear...

I'm using ptrex's OCR code that was moded to a Function by kilhian

Watch Thread -> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...50608&st=45

@Post #57 For the Code

Well I have made a script that saves the text read from screen/images into a .txt file

The problem I have is that there are often a lot of misstakes in the text because

OCR doesn't work so good

now what I have as output in my .txt file is something like:

item = [Cloth pants 1;which is "Cloth pants"
item = joId pieces 1O77O;which is "Gold pieces x10770" // ok the x can be removed and i can make it later that the numbers are taken as amount of the item, but O = 0 ???
item = TjTonnr 1;which is "Torch"
item = IGem of Renewal;which is "Gem of Renewal"
item = jcroll of Li.hthaven x3;which is "Scroll of Lighthaven x3"
item = jp.kstone Ii;which is "Darkstone"
item = IGem of destiny;which is "Gem of destiny"
item = jj.attIetoen ;which is "Battle token"
item = am of Unstable Protecon —;which is "Gem of Unstable Protection"
item = [Remort black wing.;which is "Remort black wings"
item = rimscnscaies etter —;which is "Crimsonscale's letter"
item = Ii IBluestone talisman (unlimited);which is "Bluestone talisman (unlimited)"
item = An,uIet of Regeneiatior;which is "Amulet of Regeneration

I decided to make another file containing a list of this wrong names to find out the right names by looking up for the key that is same as the value of item

and check that key's value to have the right name for that item..

The list would look something like:

"[Cloth pants 1" = "Cloth Pants"
"joId pieces" = "Gold pieces"
"jp.kstone Ii" = "Darkstone"

But the problem about that list is that I can't make a full list because I don't have every item to check how OCR returns their names..

So I decided of some script that automatically changes things in the value of item (lets say a maximum of 5 characters exchanged/removed, excluding spaces. Meaning: spaces don't count as changed character) to try if it matchs to any key in a simple item list that looks like:

"Gem of destiny" = "Good"
"Torch" = "Good"
"Apple" = "Bad"

Would be very kind if someone could tell me how I could start/do this or has an another even better or easier idea

Edited by Verox743

Started with AutoIt on 12th June, 2008.

Well now that I see it's for an MMORPG you want to contribute to ruining the economy of...

right now what i see is that i have troubles making an automated inventory dumper to check items on characters ...

Started with AutoIt on 12th June, 2008.