resize external window without classname

hey there, like the topic say's, i wanna resize a non autoit window... so far so good.. if i have a classname its an easy thing. but in this case the only thing i can get is a classname like that

i tryed to handle it with:

WinMove("[CLASS:#32770]", "", 0, 0, 800, 600)

but that didnt work -.-

stuff like

WinMove("[CLASS:VideoRenderer]", "", 0, 0, 800, 600)

works perfect...

btw: the autoit windowfinder tool cant get a classname.. i've used "WinGags" to catch the class..

maybe someone knows a solution.

thx Bustd

• Moderators

Try to find something unique about the window... title/text/class and you can use a combination of all/any of those to achieve what you want. If all else fails, write something that makes sure the window is attached to a specific process before you resize it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Try to find something unique about the window... title/text/class and you can use a combination of all/any of those to achieve what you want. If all else fails, write something that makes sure the window is attached to a specific process before you resize it.

yes you are right, but the problem is.. that THIS is the only thing i can capture about the window...

and iam sorry i've forgott to say that this win is a Child.. but over the parent window i cant get any infos too.

maybe anyone know a dll to access win's over a #xxxx defined class.. or other solutions?

• Moderators

yes you are right, but the problem is.. that THIS is the only thing i can capture about the window...

and iam sorry i've forgott to say that this win is a Child.. but over the parent window i cant get any infos too.

maybe anyone know a dll to access win's over a #xxxx defined class.. or other solutions?

You can try to get all the Classe's with WinList("[Class:etc]") then loop through using GetParent API call.

It'd be easier to get a straight forward example knowing what application you are using so myself or others can replicate the issue (Unless it's one of those hush hush projects which I'm assuming by the lack of information thus far).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.