GuiSetState(@SW_ENABLE)

HighGuy

Hi,

if I disabe and enable a window with GuiSetState() my window is in the background afterwards. Is this a bug or a feature :idiot: ?

Here is the code of the ListView-sample with two lines added by me. Click on the Value?-button when this example is running in the forground of two windows.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("listview items",220,250, 100,200,-1,$WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES)
GUISetBkColor (0x00E0FFFF) ; will change background color

$listview = GuiCtrlCreateListView ("col1  |col2|col3  ",10,10,200,150);,$LVS_SORTDESCENDING)
$button = GuiCtrlCreateButton ("Value?",75,170,70,20)
$item1=GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("item2|col22|col23",$listview)
$item2=GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("item1|col12|col13",$listview)
$item3=GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("item3|col32|col33",$listview)
$input1=GuiCtrlCreateInput("",20,200, 150)
GuiCtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_ACCEPTFILES)  ; to allow drag and dropping
GuiSetState()
GUICtrlSetData($item2,"ITEM1")
GUICtrlSetData($item3,"||COL33")
GUICtrlDelete($item1)

Do
  $msg = GuiGetMsg ()

Select
      Case $msg = $button
         GuiSetState (@SW_DISABLE ); --> added by me
         MsgBox(0,"listview item",GuiCtrlRead(GuiCtrlRead($listview)),2)
         GuiSetState (@SW_ENABLE ); --> added by me
      Case $msg = $listview
         MsgBox(0,"listview", "clicked="& GuiCtrlGetState($listview),2)
   EndSelect
Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

• 4 years later...

Is anyone else still getting this behaviour? Running everything from Windows XP to Windows 7, I still get this and it's very frustrating. In some sample code, removing a message box does fix it but so does removing the GuiSetState enable/disables so it's not just the message box's fault.

$Form_Main = GUICreate("Test", 219, 212, 303, 219)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test", 48, 152, 115, 41, 0)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 8, 8, 202, 134)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            _FocusScrewed()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _FocusScrewed()

GUISetState ( @SW_DISABLE, $Form_Main )

MsgBox(262160,"Information","I will now screw your focus")

GUISetState ( @SW_ENABLE, $Form_Main )

EndFunc

In a full app I have written, it does this with no message box at all and in that case, removing the GuiSetState enable/disable solves the problem so GuiSetState must be playing some part in this. I can't work out what it is in my app that GuiSetState doesn't like but I can PM the full source code to someone if they're willing to take look.

Is anyone else still getting this behaviour? Running everything from Windows XP to Windows 7, I still get this and it's very frustrating. In some sample code, removing a message box does fix it but so does removing the GuiSetState enable/disables so it's not just the message box's fault.

$Form_Main = GUICreate("Test", 219, 212, 303, 219)
 $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test", 48, 152, 115, 41, 0)
 $ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 8, 8, 202, 134)
 GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
     $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
     Switch $nMsg
         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
             Exit
         Case $Button1
             _FocusScrewed()
     EndSwitch
 WEnd

Func _FocusScrewed()

GUISetState ( @SW_DISABLE, $Form_Main )

MsgBox(262160,"Information","I will now screw your focus")

GUISetState ( @SW_ENABLE, $Form_Main )

EndFunc

In a full app I have written, it does this with no message box at all and in that case, removing the GuiSetState enable/disable solves the problem so GuiSetState must be playing some part in this. I can't work out what it is in my app that GuiSetState doesn't like but I can PM the full source code to someone if they're willing to take look.

I think it's a WIndows characteristic perhaps, I get the same sort of problem with all sorts of non AutoIt applications.

You can easily fix it by adding the parent to the MsgBox

MsgBox(262160,"Information","I will now screw your focus",0,$Form_Main);no you won't!
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks, that will solve the cases where a messagebox is causing the issue but the problem remains that GuiSetState is capable of causing this with no messagebox present. Does anyone now why this might be?

You could just add WinActivate after the GuiSetState. It fixes the problem maybe but doesn't explain why it happens, although I think you only get the problem if the focus moves to another window after it's set to disabled.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.