Script Protection Question

First off, greetings. :)

I've been toying with AutoIt for a couple months now and greatly enhancing my productivity through the various scripts out there. Inevitably, the time has come for me to write something of my own creation so I wanted to get some help from the community of experienced programmers here. My own programming experience is somewhat limited, though I tend to pick up environments fairly quickly by going through code examples.

My first question is usually the last stage of a project but I wanted to get it out of the way. What methods are there to protect a script/program from being reverse-engineered by other AutoIt users? XProTec caught my eye so far but it's a little too feature-rich for my purposes (ie. trials, registration, etc). All I'm looking for is a way to lock out users from viewing and/or digging into the script in order to protect my work.

I know I'll have other questions soon, but any feedback on this one would be appreciated in the mean time.

First off, greetings. :)

I've been toying with AutoIt for a couple months now and greatly enhancing my productivity through the various scripts out there. Inevitably, the time has come for me to write something of my own creation so I wanted to get some help from the community of experienced programmers here. My own programming experience is somewhat limited, though I tend to pick up environments fairly quickly by going through code examples.

My first question is usually the last stage of a project but I wanted to get it out of the way. What methods are there to protect a script/program from being reverse-engineered by other AutoIt users? XProTec caught my eye so far but it's a little too feature-rich for my purposes (ie. trials, registration, etc). All I'm looking for is a way to lock out users from viewing and/or digging into the script in order to protect my work.

I know I'll have other questions soon, but any feedback on this one would be appreciated in the mean time.

Have a good look at the power of __StringEncrypt as a means of securing information that you might write to an INI file or a Registry Key you may create. Good Luck Ant..

Have a good look at the power of __StringEncrypt as a means of securing information that you might write to an INI file or a Registry Key you may create. Good Luck Ant..

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\Advanced\encrypt.au3 :)

Ant ? We're ants?