Getting The Display From An External .EXE (Solved)

how would i go about getting the display from an external .exe file

for example if i have a program like msn how would i get the display from that program and put it on a form i have.

is there a function to get the display from an app?

the reason i ask is because i want to make what you may call a management app, where i can put all of my usual programs that i run when i start my pc into one form on some tabs, to rgonist it a little better, and it will all be in one place

hope this is possible

Thanks

F@T3oYCG

Edited by FaT3oYCG

Interpreters have great power!Although they live in the shadow of compiled programming languages an interpreter can do anything that a compiled language can do, you just have to code it right.

anyone ?

ill explain a different way maybe it was to hard to understand, i want to take a section of a window, and display it on my form, or remove the boarder from the window and display it next to it, so wherever the form goes that window goes aswell

hope someone can help

Thanks

F@T3oYCG

Interpreters have great power!Although they live in the shadow of compiled programming languages an interpreter can do anything that a compiled language can do, you just have to code it right.

no i dont think that is wat i want but im not sure, i was trying to acheive something like this

Posted Image

the black section on the left is an external exe file that is ran at the same time as the program and appears with no boarder next to the main form, does anyone know how to do that ?

Take a look at _WinAPI_SetParent, as it will be what you will need to "embed" the application into your GUI.

To remove the border, look at _WinaAPI_SetWindowLong()

thanks that looks like what i need, im not finding autoit that hard its just knowing the commands and if i search for something sometimes the right commands dont come up, i searched through 20 pages of the forums and the help file with no luck yesterday, so thanks.