Copying and pasting text

How do I copy text from an ini file and paste it into an input box. I have no idea where to start and I already looked in the helpfile.

Maybe I didn't lok well enough.

I know I can use IniRead to get whatever value I want but how can I paste that value in an input.

Copy it then paste it into the input box

To copy press {CTRL}{c} from the ini file using notepad. Then when the input box appears press {CTRL}{v} to get it into the box.

Contact via MSN: [email=terarink_msn@hotmail.com]terarink_msn@hotmail.com[/email], yahoo: terarink_yah

Copy it then paste it into the input box

To copy press {CTRL}{c} from the ini file using notepad. Then when the input box appears press {CTRL}{v} to get it into the box.

Something along those lines, you could use ClipPut instead of ctrl-c, then you can use ctrl-v

I recommend you to read on the User Defined Function Reference under Clipboard Management to find a way to get a understanding or it else to write them to a blank file save the file and recall the file whenever you want that thing again

Contact via MSN: [email=terarink_msn@hotmail.com]terarink_msn@hotmail.com[/email], yahoo: terarink_yah

How do I copy text from an ini file and paste it into an input box. I have no idea where to start and I already looked in the helpfile.

Maybe I didn't lok well enough.

I know I can use IniRead to get whatever value I want but how can I paste that value in an input.

Use IniRead() to get the value and then GUICtrlSetData() if your inputbox is created with AutoIt or use ControlSend()/ControlSetText() if it's from another application. Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Yeah, I think you're looking more for file reading functions rather than copying/pasting.

What about using a variable like it says in the help file?

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$var0 = IniRead("C:\myfile.ini", "sectionname", "key0", "NotFound")
$var1 = IniRead("C:\myfile.ini", "sectionname", "key1", "NotFound")
$var2 = IniRead("C:\myfile.ini", "sectionname", "key2", "NotFound")

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 186, 145, 193, 125)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput($var0, 32, 32, 121, 21)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput($var1, 32, 64, 121, 21)
$Input3 = GUICtrlCreateInput($var2, 32, 96, 121, 21)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Sorry, I'd put it into an array, but I actually opened this topic because I thought I might find an answer to the problem with ini array's that I'm having :)

children may smile; the wise ponder- Dr. Holmes of Hardvard Medical School on an Ether BingeLove Makes The World Go Round?So does five shots of tequila. What's your point?[quote name='Valik' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:13 PM']wraithdu, 24 hours. Said I have a bad attitude, just driving the point home with a ban.[/quote]This is classic. :)