RunAsSet - No more?

Is the RunAsSet no longer in use? I get an unknown function error when I try to use it, so I checked:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/

to make sure I was doing it correct and it isn't there. Am I just missing something obvious? I did some google searches and my syntax appears to be correct it is just that the function doesn't exist. It's been a good while since I used autoit for admin purposes so maybe I missed a change. If there is a work around please let me know. TIA!

RediXe

16th May 2008 - v3.2.12.0

AutoIt:

RunAsSet() has been removed. Use the new RunAs() and RunAsWait() functions instead. They have been enhanced with slightly better security (It is still not recommended to store important passwords in your scripts) and more functionality.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

i think the stored password is a fine feature for admins, to adminsiter pc in a network im wondering that runasset is removed.

My workouround is a helper applikation that start the script with admin rigths.

Michael

How do you suggest getting around this? Just curious.

Use _StringEncrypt() to encrypt the passwords with RC4, then store the decryption key in the registry or an ini file only accessible on your network.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt