Can the file delete itself?

Suggestion make an simple .bat file inn temp dir, witch deletes it after execution.

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

Monoceres tip inn the FAQ worked fine with a test script of mine.

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

• Moderators

There is usually just one reason why people want to delete their own files...

I use the _SelfDelete option myself, so I'm curious on what you think my one reason is whenever I use it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I use the _SelfDelete option myself, so I'm curious on what you think my one reason is whenever I use it.

I believe it is a good thing to use for:

"I bet you can't do *this* with autoit!"

'Watch me!'

/they grin at free coding for malicious use

/you grin at them getting a sample that deletes itself after proving your elite knowledge

OR

Malicious program that causes harm while leaving no traces.

Am I even close?

children may smile; the wise ponder- Dr. Holmes of Hardvard Medical School on an Ether BingeLove Makes The World Go Round?So does five shots of tequila. What's your point?[quote name='Valik' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:13 PM']wraithdu, 24 hours. Said I have a bad attitude, just driving the point home with a ban.[/quote]This is classic. :)

• Moderators

I believe it is a good thing to use for:

"I bet you can't do *this* with autoit!"

'Watch me!'

/they grin at free coding for malicious use

/you grin at them getting a sample that deletes itself after proving your elite knowledge

OR

Malicious program that causes harm while leaving no traces.

Am I even close?

Well, if that's your thoughts, you should probably stay away from using it.

I write roll out apps that launch helper executables, I could write one to maintain each of them, or I could just have them delete themselves as they finish their own tasks. The latter part of that is much easier to maintain.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Anonymouse understands what I was trying to say.

Yeah?

See, now that makes much more sense to me. I couldn't think of any reason it would need to be used for a good purpose, since you could have a main script delete a subscript just as easily as it could write it.

The only other option I could think of would be to delete freeware after a certain date, and if downloaded again have a temp file that would also delete that.

Anyways, thanks for the mind expansion :) Happy Coding

Seems to me... that you can't think of a legit reason, so there must be no legit reason?

• Moderators

Yes, there is:

Nah, again you're either not paying attention, and or are too close minded/paranoid. I said you can't think of a legit reason, therefore, in your mind, no reason can or should be legit.

If it were that big of an issue, the option would be built into SciTe.

Edited by SmOke_N