SFXMaker 1.2.1 Final - a Switchless Installer maker

Iuli

Hi,

Ho-ho, Merry Christmas everyone. Oops ! I mean Happy New Year ! Anyway ...

As you may see (yes is a miracle, i can't believe myself) i finally released the final version of SFXMaker 1.2.1. Almost over an year since RC ... but good to be here.

To see changes, check Changelog, if you encounter any more bugs, report.

Now comes the part i hate the most. About the future of this project. Pretty cloudy, i may say. Some points :

- This is the last version written in AutoIT (i may change my mind if someone will give me a good reason to continue with au3);

- I would really like to continue this project, but after a while coding the same thing becomes boring. I feel like i'm developing an application just for me, with no actual users out there. If someone sees this message and is considering that my SFXMaker development should continue, send me feedback (via e-mail most probably, forums are down), telling me why he does so.

- If, by any chance, this project will continue, i would like to set up a mini dev-team, to work for a brand new SFXMaker, written maybe in C/C++. Dunno.

Waiting feedback and messages ! Ta-la !

Changelog

-Removed nConvert because it was replaced with an internal icon conversion engine
-Fixed bug when changing icon with an *.ico file
-Fixed small bugs
-Updated plugins
-Added Dutch, Turkish, Simplified Chinese and Farsi

Posted Image

Download

iSoft-Online.com

SFXMaker 1.2.1 Final Installer

If you encounter any bugs, or you would like to make a suggestion, feel free to post.

Edited by Iuli
[size="2"]SFXMaker[/size] - The most complete switchless installer creator software[indent][/indent]

I like it, The GUI is very nice.. The Silent switchless does not work for me, it pops up briefly then the errors and says "Unknown Installer, Please provies the switches or investigate further... " What is up with that?

I like it, The GUI is very nice.. The Silent switchless does not work for me, it pops up briefly then the errors and says "Unknown Installer, Please provies the switches or investigate further... " What is up with that?

Yeah ... it doesn't find the switches for every installer. The detection engine is a bit outdated (tool used to detect installer hasn't been updated since 2004, so i have to search for a new updated tool), so that's why it is not giving you any switches. I will come with an update soon ...

[size="2"]SFXMaker[/size] - The most complete switchless installer creator software[indent][/indent]

This App is like CreateurSFX but the GUI is Way more Sexy. I'm gonna give it a try.

Yes :) i knew about CreateurSFX, but this applications is no longer in development. Plus, i hadn't succeeded to create a switchless installer via this application. So i came with a new solution :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, thank you for sharing your app.

Using the zip version of SFXMaker v0.8 beta I'm getting a crash.

I'm using English Windows XP SP2 and was setting up Hashtab v2 installer with SFXMaker.

All is fine until I click the "Use EXEs Icon" checkbox and then I get a crash.

Posted Image

Something that's not related to the above and purely trivial cosmetic.

You need to resize the labels in the "Show Edit Strings" part of your interface.

2 of the labels slightly overlap the edges of the input boxes:

Posted Image

Keep up the good work.

I look forward to future releases ;)

Cheers

For "Use EXEs Icon" i actually use your function _ExtractIconToFile () ;). It makes SFXMaker crash for some executables, dunno why ... Anyway, i'll verify the code on XP too (i think is due to XP, because i hadn't got this problem on my Vista system)

Thanks again,

Iuli.

Are you running obfuscator on your script to strip?

If so then it will remove one of the functions from my ExtractIconToFile include.

the function obfuscator strips is

Func ___EnumResNameProc($hModule, $pType, $pName, $lParam)
    Local $aSize = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'GlobalSize', 'ptr', $pName), $tBuf
    If $aSize[0] Then
        $tBuf = DllStructCreate('wchar[' & $aSize[0] & ']', $pName)
        ReDim $aEN[UBound($aEN) + 1]
        $aEN[0] += 1
        $aEN[UBound($aEN) - 1] = DllStructGetData($tBuf, 1)
    Else
        $aEN[0] += 1
        $aEN[UBound($aEN) - 1] = "#" & $pName
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>___EnumResNameProc

Edit: I did try using the current _ExtractIconToFile() function on the hashtab_setup.exe and it extracts the icon without error for me.

Edited by smashly

Are you running obfuscator on your script to strip?

If so then it will remove one of the functions from my ExtractIconToFile include.

the function obfuscator strips is

Func ___EnumResNameProc($hModule, $pType, $pName, $lParam)
    Local $aSize = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'GlobalSize', 'ptr', $pName), $tBuf
    If $aSize[0] Then
        $tBuf = DllStructCreate('wchar[' & $aSize[0] & ']', $pName)
        $aEN[0] += 1
        $aEN[UBound($aEN) - 1] = DllStructGetData($tBuf, 1)
    Else
        $aEN[0] += 1
        $aEN[UBound($aEN) - 1] = "#" & $pName
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>___EnumResNameProc

Edit: I did try using the current _ExtractIconToFile() function on the hashtab_setup.exe and it extracts the icon without error for me.

Weird ... Yes, i ran Obfuscator over the script, but i didn't selected to strip unused functions ... fixing right now.

EDIT : Fixed in next version ;)

Edited by Iuli

• 3 weeks later...

very great and Professional looking software, Keep It Up Buddy!

Website: www.cerescode.comForum: www.forum.cerescode.comIRC: irc.freenode.net , Channel: #Ceres--------------------Autoit Wrappers, Great additions to your script (Must See) (By: Valuater)Read It Befor Asking Question Click Here...--------------------Join Monoceres's Forums http://www.monoceres.se--------------------There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, ‘What happened?’” –Casey Stengel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...