Script stalls when RDP is minimized

Hello all.

I'm new so be gentle.....

I have created a script that opens a terminal emulation program and executes some key strokes. It works quite well. The only problem is when I RDP to it. If I close the RDP session, the script stalls. I understand that this is because Windows locks the session. But, I have found, that when I just minimize the RDP session, the script stalls as well. Is there any way to keep the script active when RDP is minimized?

Thanks...

Hello all.

I'm new so be gentle.....

I have created a script that opens a terminal emulation program and executes some key strokes. It works quite well. The only problem is when I RDP to it. If I close the RDP session, the script stalls. I understand that this is because Windows locks the session. But, I have found, that when I just minimize the RDP session, the script stalls as well. Is there any way to keep the script active when RDP is minimized?

Thanks...

AFAIK the RDP host's user session is locked when the RDP client's window is minimized (or maybe even when the DRP client window has no mouse focus?)...

To get around this you would probably need to start the script from a local user session, or from the local system account. (Using the commandline AT command starts stuff from the local system account, like AT 20:30 /interactive myscript.exe. It from the top of my head, but I believe that works.)

I am not sure if this works since I have no network here to test with.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

AFAIK the RDP host's user session is locked when the RDP client's window is minimized (or maybe even when the DRP client window has no mouse focus?)...

To get around this you would probably need to start the script from a local user session, or from the local system account. (Using the commandline AT command starts stuff from the local system account, like AT 20:30 /interactive myscript.exe. It from the top of my head, but I believe that works.)

I am not sure if this works since I have no network here to test with.

I'm not sure what the AT 20:30 /interactive is or where it is documented. Is this from AutoIT or is it from Windows? Please point me to where I can read up on this.

Thanks..

• 2 months later...