Abbreviations in SciTE4AutoIt3

I've only been using SciTE4AutoIt3 for almost 4 years since I first discovered Autoit. YET I've never noticed Abbreviations and how they could help me code so much faster by doing all the common stuff I do. I've always used the autocomplete feature. But that's not near as powerful as Abbreviations. Not even close. I see lots of custom Abbreviations in my future being expanded into full structures as I go.

I feel like a noob. :)

It took all of about 5 min to realized how much this will help me.

If anyone is not making full use of these. I suggest you check them out.

Please Val, give credit to the Scite Devs. I mean to Neil and others contributors of open source movement.

Scite was/is a great editor before Jos used it, Jos expanded on the features of Scite and exploited the goodness from it for the use of AutoIt3. There is no known replacement for Scite for me. :)

And Abbreviations in Scite are nothing but amazing in potential. :P

Edited by MHz

Please Val, give credit to the Scite Devs. I mean to Neil and others contributors of open source movement.

Scite was/is a great editor before Jos used it, Jos expanded on the features of Scite and exploited the goodness from it for the use of AutoIt3. There is no known replacement for Scite for me. :)

Well said!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Yes, Scite sure is one of the best editors there is(if not the best!), I use it for other langs as well, even though it doesn't have a custom syntax highlighter for all of them, but its built-in syntax highlighter works just fine!

I sure love Scite for everything it has to offer. :)

Though, I never use the abbs for some reason, I haven't learned all of them, neither do I really think I need them cus coding is blazing fast anyways with scite. :P

• Developers

Agree with Mhz. I have written the AU3 lexer which handles the AutoIt3 Syntax-Coloring and Folding and is included in SciLexer.dll, used by SciTE.

I also created an Installer to simplify the installation of SciTE and included all utilities I thought would be useful.

Neil Hodgson is the creator of Scitilla and SciTE and deserves the credit for the Editor.

Jos :P

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)