HotCorners BETA

James

Hi all,

Posted Image

For the first time since I have been here, I am not releasing the source code.

Simple FAQ:

Why is HotCorners accessing the internet?

Most programmers will never gain feedback that they can actually work on. HotCorners is just downloading a file which will add to a counter.

Why has HotCorners added to my registry?

The only way I can find where the alloc.db is when the program is finished is to install values to the registry. Yes, you are correct if you are thinking to yourself that there is no way of editing what happens so why install to the registry? Well I uploaded the current BETA in a short time so never removed the install feature. HotCorners also adds a registry key for the Configuration Center, but this is normal for most programs anyway.

What does each corner do?

Since the 21st June, I have removed the message boxes telling you which corner you are in. Now HotCorners will perform a specified command the defaults are as follows: Corner Action Top Left Notepad Top Right Screensaver Bottom Left Internet Explorer Bottom Right Nothing

To change these follow the simple instructions. Start --> Control Panel --> HotCorners: Configuration-Center. Now you can turn HotCorners on/off, set the delay before an action occurs and change what action each corner does!

What actions can HotCorners currently perform?

Quite a few considering! Here is a list. Key: Do = Perform an action (Screensaver/Logoff) | Run: = Runs a program. Actions marked in red do not work, or work correctly.

• Do: Maximize all Window
  • Do: Minimize all Windows
  • Do: Minimize current Window
  • Do: Restart PC
  • Do: Shutdown PC
  • Do: Turn off Monitor - Works on certain monitors
  • Do: Switch Program
  • Run: Internet Explorer
  • Run: Mozilla Firefox
  • Run: MSPaint
  • Run: Notepad
  • Run: Screensaver
  • Run: iTunes
  • Nothing - Although nothing happens a command is still processed!
The control panel is compiled with HotCorners :)

Note: I am NOT releasing the source, please do not ask. Even if this is nothing amazing, please do not ask.

Feedback, suggestions and criticism are welcome!

Update: Now has uninstaller linked!

To-Do: Add SelfDelete to Uninstaller, add own program to run and spice up control GUI.

Thankyou,

James

HotCorners.exe

Edited by JamesBrooks

No source?! Quick everyone! Let's throw him up on a stick and roast his internal organs!

J/K.

I tried it out, you should add a way to configure it without the Control Panel. Also, when I move my mouse to the top left corner, it asks if I want to restart my computer. There is one button: "Ok". It's like it doesn't give you a choice. Although you can cancel it by pressing the X, it might be a little more clear if you give them a "Yes" or a "No"

:)

No source?! Quick everyone! Let's throw him up on a stick and roast his internal organs!

Probably solve some problems :)

I tried it out, you should add a way to configure it without the Control Panel. Also, when I move my mouse to the top left corner, it asks if I want to restart my computer. There is one button: "Ok". It's like it doesn't give you a choice. Although you can cancel it by pressing the X, it might be a little more clear if you give them a "Yes" or a "No"

How else do you think you should you be able to control it then? Paulie has just said that, so I am re-uploading now!

James

Probably solve some problems :)

How else do you think you should you be able to control it then? Paulie has just said that, so I am re-uploading now!

James

Just like a config GUI, or a command line switch that lets you change the universal settings.

you could use this to selfdelete your uninstaller:

Func _DeleteMySelf($sDelay=0)
$batchfile = @Tempdir&'\deleteme.bat'
_FileCreate($batchfile)
_FileWriteToLine($batchfile, 1, '@echo off'&@CRLF&'ping localhost -n '&$sDelay&' >nul'&@CRLF&'del '&FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath)&@CRLF&'Del %1', 1)
Run ($batchfile, @WorkingDir, @SW_HIDE)
exit
EndFunc

you could use this to selfdelete your uninstaller:

Func _DeleteMySelf($sDelay=0)
 $batchfile = @Tempdir&'\deleteme.bat'
 _FileCreate($batchfile)
 _FileWriteToLine($batchfile, 1, '@echo off'&@CRLF&'ping localhost -n '&$sDelay&' >nul'&@CRLF&'del '&FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath)&@CRLF&'Del %1', 1)
 Run ($batchfile, @WorkingDir, @SW_HIDE)
 exit
 EndFunc
Already done :) I will update with the new version, with intro music soon!

just a suggestion:

maybe you could make one func. per corner? What I mean is: I set top-left corner = start FireFox, but when I moved my mouse to top-left corner HC launched 3 firefox windows and they would keep popping up unless user move the mouse away from the corner, I think only 1 should be ran, and if the user wants another one, move mouse away from top-left corner and back to it again. What do you think? :)

anyway, I like the idea of this prog. :P