Check file version included with FileInstall

Is there a way to check the size\modified date etc of a file included into an AutoIt exe with FileInstall without extracting?. I want to compare a file already on the system with one included in the exe and if the one on the system is older then extract and overwrite.

If not I can always manually add the files information in the script and compare the two that way.

Is there a way to check the size\modified date etc of a file included into an AutoIt exe with FileInstall without extracting?. I want to compare a file already on the system with one included in the exe and if the one on the system is older then extract and overwrite.

If not I can always manually add the files information in the script and compare the two that way.

You can use another script to hardcode the file version on the full script at compile time,and compare that string with the version in the user's system. Edited by danielkza

I haven't used it, and currently I'm not on a windows box with AutoIT installed, but I believe the function FileGetVersion might do what you want. If it does what I am thinking, you could have it check the file you are doing at compile time, and record that data, to compare when you run it against the other, probably within an If Then statement to "install" the file or not when executed?

Sorry for the guessing in that, but it might be helpful.

"Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain; something of equal value must be lost."The Help File is truly your friend.