G15 LCD Remote

GtaSpider

Hi everyone.

Anybody know: AutoIt can access to WinApi/GDI+. And so its possible to access to the LCD of the G15 Keyboard with the amazing DLL of Avatare-X.

What it can do?:

• Shows every image file (bmp/jpeg/...)
  • Write a Text on LCD
  • Colorize Pixel as u want
  • Create a Rect
  • Control the Buttons under the LCD

How to Run: First dezip the Zipfile and then run the "installLogLcd.bat" wich installing the Object u need.

Then start one of these two Examples.

There are two examples in the Zip. The first shows simple some functions of the UDF. The Second shows, how u can create more then 1 Object on the LCD (e.g a text and a rect and a other text and ....)

I hope u like it, and it would be great, if you give me some back comments :)

Mfg / Best Regards Spider

Edit: Now comments and MsgBoxes in english

AvLCD_up1.1___EN.zip

Edited by GtaSpider

www.AutoIt.de - Moderator of the German AutoIt Forum

Dude that is freekin sweet! I'm going to be getting a g15 soon and this will be great since I wont be bringing both my monitors with me to college. I use my second monitor to show me stats and junk while I'm playing full screen games.

[size="1"]Please stop confusing "how to" with "how do"[/size]

Hi

@Delta: Thankyou :) The G15 is very cool :D I had the first G15 (the blue one) until, she's crashed :P Nothing worked, and so i bought the new one v2 (or refresh)

I'm pleased with bouth of them, but the old one was a little bit better i think..

@XxX: Thanks :P

Your Spider

• 2 weeks later...

How do you remove the application from the GamePanel Manager? I tried both your examples and now I cant remove them from the manager.

[size="1"]Please stop confusing "how to" with "how do"[/size]

Hey GtaSpider i am running vista pro with a g15 and im unable to register the dll any work arounds for x64?

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

if i use this lcd script my pc get fucked up after a while

it uses gdi, but only closes it on _closelcd()

It uses all of the ram if u dont use _gdiplus_shutdown() sometimes. I added this, but after a while the pc gets totally fucked up. I also deleted each gdi brush ,image, font..

It seems that there is something wrong, anyone get the same problem?

Also is there a command to to disable "run on startup" in logitech panel, if u init the lcd?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm sorry, my G15 died after one of my friends thougth it would be a good idea, if we get my G15 a little bit drunk too, and so pour one and a half liter of beer over it...

But one year later I coded an implemention of the LgLCD SDK - hope this will work for you guys:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Greetz,

Spider

• 5 years later...

It have been 10+ years and your library had made another person happy, @GtaSpider.

After some fiddling I report successfully running on Windows 10 64bit.

These changes were needed:

• in scite, Tools->Compile select x86 version (i did for both SDK and example) and save. This is necessary for dll to load properly.
  • change "..\etc\test.bmp" to "@scriptdir & "\etc\test.bmp"", as previous syntax seems to be discontinued.
  • move "_GDIPlus_Startup()" from init function out (I put it right after includes)

For some fonts you might consider doing:

• add _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetTextRenderingHint ( $hGraphics, 2 ) in "_lgLcd_DrawText" just before "_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawStringEx" to turn off antialiasing for text, which otherwise creates artifact.
  • to set one point = 1 pixel. For icq font it works well if you set size to 8: _lgLcd_DrawText("Test", $hBMP, $i*10, 0, "icq", 8). Interestingly, the result is the same when using size 6 and ommiting next point:
  • added "2" as a last parameter $iUnit to "_GDIPlus_FontCreate($hFamily, $iSize, $iStyle, $iUnit=2)", to set one point = 1 pixel. For icq font it works well if you set size to 8, giving you 4-5 high characters, with 2 pixels down for "g" and similar: _lgLcd_DrawText("Test", $hBMP, $i*10, 0, "icq", 8). This will make font pixel perfect.

The icq font can be found here:

icq.ttf

I wonder how many people still use this keyboard.. :)

Edited by MaximusCZ