Per-Machine Domain Print Manager

ohstoopid1

I wasn't able to post to example scripts. But I wanted to share this and get everyone's thoughts on the application. It's a domain-based print server manager to easily deploy multiple per-machine printers to multiple workstations. Any input is appreciated. Here are some ideas or things Im working to add:

• RunAs ability for commands
  • Verbose logging w/output console
  • Open printer properties
  • Set default printer
  • Open server properties
  • Backup/Restore printers
  • Generate reports
  • Deletion of printers no longer available on a server
  • Restart spooler services

Thanks!

Posted Image

Edited by ohstoopid1

@ohstoopid1

Surprised you can't post in the Example Scripts ?!

Nice Script !!

Maybe the MODS can move this thread to a correct section of the Forum.

regards,

ptrex

You can't post in Example Scripts until have have made a certain number of posts (maybe 10 I don't know.) It's to stop new members posting in the wrong forum.

@ohstoopid1 It looks good, keep working on it and you will be able to put it Example scripts soon if it isn't moved there for you.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You can't post in Example Scripts until have have made a certain number of posts (maybe 10 I don't know.) It's to stop new members posting in the wrong forum.

@ohstoopid1 It looks good, keep working on it and you will be able to put it Example scripts soon if it isn't moved there for you.

I figured it was because Im a newb to the forums. I just never had a reason to post until now. Thanks for the feedback..

• 7 months later...

Posting a revision v0.2a to the application, I'm attaching the source files. PM if you would like a pre-compiled installer.

Along with some small bug fixes I've added the following features:

• RunAs ability for commands are now built-in
  • Open printer spool/properties (double-click a printer)
  • Deletion of printers no longer available on a server (double-click a computer to list per-machine printers on the PC)
  • Restart remote spooler service

Thanks!

Edited by ohstoopid1

Posting a revision v0.2a to the application, I'm attaching the source files. PM if you would like a pre-compiled installer.

Along with some small bug fixes I've added the following features:

• RunAs ability for commands are now built-in
  • Open printer spool/properties (double-click a printer)
  • Deletion of printers no longer available on a server (double-click a computer to list per-machine printers on the PC)
  • Restart remote spooler service

Thanks!

Hey Dennise, nice app! It would be killer if you could list and export the printer properties to a csv or text file. That is what I'm currently looking for!

• Developers

It's a minimum of 5 posts to be able to create a thread in Examples.

I moved it for you :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)