Newbie Quetion

Hi All,

First of all, please accept my most humble of apologies, I.m sure this question has been posed many times before, but the forum seems so vast, I'm struggling to find what I need.

I'm currently developing an application that (eventually) will allow the replay and generation of HL7 messages, by posting them on to an MSMQ.

I'm very new to AutoIT and franky, its a fantatsic tool.

Anyway, I've designed a simple GUI using the KODA form designer and save as a kxf file. I've then made additions to the Au3 script, basically, I've put functaons against the menu's I've designed in KODA.

The problem I'm now having is that I need to make some amendments to the form in KODA but, eventhough I choose to open the form using the AU3 script, my menu amendments are not carried through to KODA. If I run the app using coda, not of the menu functions I've added via script work. But if I run the script through the editor, the changes work.

Is this normal?

It gets a little confusing when you're amending a single script using two tools, and I'm worried that if I save the script from Koda, it will overwrite my changes.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Chris

What are you saying makes sense.

The most secure way to do this is to create a copy of your script, keep only the GUI part (not the main loop or functions) and open that in Koda. Do your work on it and ask Koda to generate code for your updated form (you don't need to have events generated - if there are new controls you can code these events manually). Copy-Paste the new GUI part (generated by Koda) in your script.

Always keep a copy of your script somewhere!

Sometimes you have to make changes manually to your GUI (Koda isn't perfect ...yet, the author is working on it and it gets better and better).

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)