_GUICtrlTab_Create

I'm using xskin on my gui and I created two tabs using _GUICtrlTab_Create and they are getting cut off on the left and right side and i try to do this to make them appear but they still get cut off:

$tab1 = _GUICtrlTab_Create($Gui, 6, 20, 205, 200)
GUICtrlSetState($tab1, $GUI_SHOW)
GUICtrlSetState($tab1, $GUI_ONTOP)

What can I do to make the tabs show on top of EVERYTHING. this problem is really bugging me...

If you want to see what it looks like I have a screenshot:

As some might notice im using the "Noir" skin from the xskin skin libraries...

PLEASE help.

You should have looked at the demonstration page, everything is clearly spelled out for use of XSkin usable area, etc, etc. This should be done first, however, if you just enlarge your original script by 100 wide and 100 tall then move all controls to the right 50 and down 50 it will work fine... there is a help file with XSkin also

YOU, Yes!!! you.. nowagain

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ghlite=%2Bxskin

I have helped personally, when are you going to help yourself by trying to understand rather than continually asking simple questions!!!...???

... then you PM me in the middle of my posting this...

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I read through the Demonstration page and I understand everything better now.

if you just enlarge your original script by 100 wide and 100 tall then move all controls to the right 50 and down 50 it will work fine

Yeah that would be a good idea if I want my window to look like a big mess.

I think what I'll do is cut off the sides in the image files. Thats what I think will solve the problem.

I read through the Demonstration page and I understand everything better now.

Yeah that would be a good idea if I want my window to look like a big mess.

I think what I'll do is cut off the sides in the image files. Thats what I think will solve the problem.

No it wont, they stretch to fit the size in the skin config file (Correct me if I'm wrong Valuator)

You need to increase the size of your GUI and move the tab control in wards like you were told

ChrisL:

Yeah after I cut them off they did stretch out. And I can't believe you're agreeing with the 'increase my gui solution'.

If I increase the width of my gui and make my tabs more inward, I hate to say this but it will look like "shit"

I know there is some better way to do this as in the past I have laid controls on top of the xskin images.

Its just with this _GUICtrlTab_Create() it won't let me put it on top...

Edited by nowagain

And you think putting your tab on top of the edge of your gui will look nice?

Try setting the style of the tab to clip siblings I think that is about your only option. I'd like to see a screen shot of how great it looks on top of the skin though

I'd like to see a screen shot of how great it looks on top of the skin though

you'll get one then. im in the middle of modifying how xskin lays each image over the window and what size it creates it as.

i'll then post the code of the modified xskin file for anyone who might run into the same problem im having.