Read text?

Guest Crackboy

Guest Crackboy

Hello. I want to make a program to read a part of a line of text. It will be used on a Browser Text-based Game.

The line is like that :

Level : blabla Exp : blabla Gold : blabla Talent point : blabla

I want to read the part after Exp (for example) and before Gold so it would read the Exp data and then store it into a file. How can I do that?

Because I searched through the help file and found nothing.

Thanks in advance, Crackboy

Edited by Crackboy

Hello. I want to make a program to read a part of a line of text. It will be used on a Browser Text-based Game.

The line is like that :

Level : blabla Exp : blabla Gold : blabla Talent point : blabla

I want to read the part after Exp (for example) and before Gold so it would read the Exp data and then store it into a file. How can I do that?

Because I searched through the help file and found nothing.

Thanks in advance, Crackboy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try using ctrl+a, ctrl+c, opening notepad (pre-existing file), ctrl+a, ctrl+v, ctrl+s, alt+f4.

You then read the file from autoit using _ReadToArray(), make a For Next statement using StringInStr() then have the command to exitloop.

Then use the counting var from the ForNext read that line from $array[$count].

=) I don't feel like doing someone else's problem on game auto-ers, but I'll still help.

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Guest Crackboy

Welll hum for the notepad thing i was thinking about something more fast, since its like clicking 1 per 0,3 seconds.

Btw, I could just put some tape on my enter key and it would do the same thing, im making this little program to learn autoit and well have fun.

So well anyway for the string thing, i dont know how it would work? The part after Exp can be from 3 number to 30, since the exp is like : 1,000,000,000,000,000 and it get high really fast. Anyway, if anyone could give me some more advice on how to use the string function to actually get a number that is totally unknown, please teach me :idiot:

Crackboy