Simple EULA Script

longtex

Here's a simple EULA script - displays an RTF file, gets Agree/Disagree, and if agreed, executes whatever else you want.

; Hacked from the guicctrlreateedit example by longtex 20080625
; Needs: MSCOMCT2.OCX in system32 but it's probably already there
; longtex sez: not if you're running XP Pro...
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)
xp27_eula()

func xp27_eula ()

Global $oMyError

Local $oRP, $iagree, $noagree, $GUIActiveX, $msg
local $snert, $agreed
local $eula_title, $noagmsg, $eula_ok_proc, $eula_rtf_file

$eula_title = "Library User Agreement"
$noagmsg    = "In order to prevent terrorists from hurting us because they hate our freedoms, it is necessary that we give up some or all of our freedoms. You don't agree, so you can't use this computer. Under the terms of the various provisions of the various Patriot Acts, you are or may be a terrorist. Please don an orange jumpsuit, place a bag over your head, and report to the nearest Homeland Sekkkurity Detention Center immediately. Failure to comply may result in loss of all remaining freedoms, including Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."
$eula_rtf_file = "C:\scans\libula.rtf"
$eula_ok_proc = "Notepad.exe c:\dipdipdip.txt"
$oMyError   = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")
$oRP = ObjCreate("RICHTEXT.RichtextCtrl.1")
GUICreate($eula_title, 600,400, -1, -1, BitOR($ES_READONLY,$WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN,$ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL))
$iagree  = GUICtrlCreateButton('I Submit', 405, 377, 70, 20)
$noagree = GUICtrlCreateButton('No Way!!', 475, 377, 70, 20)
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oRP, 10, 10, 550, 300)
GUICtrlSetPos($GUIActiveX, 10, 10, 300, 590)
$agreed = 0
With $oRP; Object tag pool
    $snert = .deftextrtf()
    $oRP.LoadFile($eula_rtf_file)
    $orp.refresh()

EndWith

GUISetState();Show GUI

While 1
   $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
          ExitLoop
    Case $msg = $iagree
        $agreed = 1
        ExitLoop
    Case $msg = $noagree
        $agreed = 0;
    ;msgbox(0,"Can't do it","In order to prevent terrorists from hurting us because they hate our freedoms, it is necessary that we give up some or all of our freedoms. You don't agree, so you can't use this computer. Under the terms of the various provisions of the various Patriot Acts, you are or may be a terrorist. Please don an orange jumpsuit, place a bag over your head, and report to the nearest Homeland Sekkkurity Detention Center immediately. Failure to comply may result in loss of all remaining freedoms, including Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.")
        ExitLoop
        EndSelect
WEnd
GUIDelete()
if $agreed > 0 Then
    msgbox(0,"","I swear to fricken God I'm gonna run something for ya"&@CRLF&@CRLF&"probly gonna be '"&$eula_ok_proc&"'")
    run($eula_ok_proc)
 Else
      msgbox(0,"Failure to Submit",$noagmsg)
EndIf
EndFunc

Func MyErrFunc()

MsgBox(0, "AutoItCOM Test", "We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
            "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.description & @CRLF & _
            "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oMyError.windescription & @CRLF & _
            "err.number is: " & @TAB & Hex($oMyError.number, 8) & @CRLF & _
            "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _
            "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.scriptline & @CRLF & _
            "err.source is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.source & @CRLF & _
            "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.helpfile & @CRLF & _
            "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oMyError.helpcontext _
            , 5)
   ; Will automatically continue after 5 seconds

Local $err = $oMyError.number
    If $err = 0 Then $err = -1

SetError($err) ; to check for after this function returns
EndFunc  ;==>MyErrFunc

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

Hi, I get the following Error

Posted Image

MSCOMCT2.OCX does exist and it is indeed registered. :/

[edit]

You should "always" declare Global variables outside of functions.. Global $oMyError

Also after you create the object you should check if it exist, since you registered the error handler just exit the script

If Not IsObj($oRP) Then Exit ;exit after object failed

Edited by mrRevoked
Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

Hi, I get the following Error

Posted Image

MSCOMCT2.OCX does exist and it is indeed registered. :/

[edit]

You should "always" declare Global variables outside of functions.. Global $oMyError

Also after you create the object you should check if it exist, since you registered the error handler just exit the script

If Not IsObj($oRP) Then Exit ;exit after object failed

I've not seen that url anywhere. After I got the ocx registered, there was another error, about it being not licensed. I fixed that with a link found heret: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums...5803#post275803

I take your point about the global - I was just trying to give a working example of the function after getting it working as a standalone. As you no doubt read, it was created from the example in the help file, and in returning it to a function I didn't move the global, that's all. Unfortunately, in order to test it thoroughly, I have to make it fail, and it doesn't fail on my computers (now). I'll be testing it at the library, but it's slightly inconvenient, as we're in a small, remote town, and our library is open from 1000 to 1730 only...

Do you have any idea where that url came from?

As far as checking the object - sure, you're right... but it depends on what you're using it for... in the particular context (it's a EULA), we can't simply QUIT... need to know WHY it fails, and hopefully be able to take some sort of remedial actions and try repeatedly until - having tried everything we know about - we finally have to give up and report failure. I've been flogging away at this for quite a bit, so I've probably lost sight of some of the things I had to do to make it work. The app for which I developed it is explained in some detail in the two or three threads leading up to this one. I'd love to list them for you right here, right now, but I've got an appointment in a few minutes, so I have to post this and go... you might try searching for "longtex" - there's one thread in example scripts regarding Word Automation (last page) and another in ActiveX...

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

• 1 year later...