Can you get Autoit binaries work in uprising OSs?

I think some of the best pros of Autoit is that is simple and powerful, as David, it can survive the big Goliaths, and get jobs better done.

I calculated how many hours I am spending with my Rim Blackberry doing things, and how long with my PCs. It is a new girlfriend which take most of my works and time. Rate 6 hours bb to 1 hour pc

I was thinking, well if I spend most of my time with new babie. "bb", Is there any way to execute my AUTOIT programming skills, under this new COMPUTING machine?, now quite more powerful than oldies as 486 or a pentium I. Next July is new selling bb Bold, at more than 700mhz, 1 Giga Ram. Upto 16gb.

We are not alone in the Galaxy or are we the only thinking and computing entity but human Autoiters?? Are there new uprising OSs as RIMs, Apple Iphone...... bb vs pc:

I wonder if it is possible to success running Autoit in this OSs with:

1.- new Visual Studio 2008, to compile some binaries, or interpret (run with autoit non compiled), last version Autoit.

2.- Very old Autoit Version, to run simulating win95, under some Win95/98 compatibility layer or emulator?

A youtube video talking about MS and google plans about it. 3.25 minutes :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaqgooH-IZs

Nice to know Autoit is evoluting in the right way.

Not talking about Autoit-Web, or phplike.

:) Another of my posts about iphone and bb programming. #492585

Smartphones War: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5SXAY5S7XQ...feature=related :D

Iphone is for smart Ladies, and Rim pass to tough programmers :P

Please do things simple... Algorithm is more important than code itself, I love autoit simple basic programming technics, why not move what is simple and basic into broad options.

Thanks all, enjoy programming

Salu2:)

P.D.A scientific theory should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. -- AlbertEinstein

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

Is there any way to execute my AUTOIT programming skills, under this new COMPUTING machine?

You have no idea how modern pda's really work do you? Pocket PC has been and still is the device's with superior hardware and they can berely run the simplest application for Windows 95/98. Or thats what they could for a couple of years ago but I haven't seen any talk or even a download link for the emulator for years. Nobody cares about that kind of stuff anymore. The currently most advanced emulator is for Playstation1.

Next July is new selling bb Bold, at more than 700mhz, 1 Giga Ram. Upto 16gb.

Whoever told you that have no idea of how computers work, and/or haven't really seen the specs. Blackberry's website clearly says the processor is at 624 MHz. And that 1GB memory is FLASH NOT RAM. Having 1GB RAM would be extremely absurd when not even Windows Vista needs 1GB. Also i can't find any information that say's it will come in variable sizes as you says ("Upto 16gb"), and even if you counted a memory card it should be higher since there is no limit at 16GB (unless it's in the OS but that would be absurd).

This is covered here.

And what is bb?

Blackberry?

BlackBerry. It's the only thing it could be if you think about it.

It is in the notOnToDoList.... I wanted to open some devs Minds to open some old barrier.... if you wish....

http://svn.autoitscript.com/trac/wiki/AutoItNotOnToDoList

@monoceres @qazwsx If you do not know what is a bb, a Blackberry you are outdated,obsolete, friendly....

It is like if you are working with MSDOS, and you ask what is Windows...

I mean it is not a telephone, it is something difficult to explain if you do not use it. It is not a piece of metal, it is a feeling .....

It is like explaining feelings, by example: what is driving on a motorbike if you did never drive a YAMAHA OR SUZUKI. I can explain for hours and you will not catch the whole idea. :)

In coding and programming, we talk about INFORMATION PROCESSING, in the way a computer does, or even a person is a computing machine for the todays NeuroScientists.

BB is the highest evolution for a mobile handy.

If you remember PALM, it is whatever wanted PALM to become and it couldnt. We say PALM is a child and BB(Blackberry) is an Adult.

New competitors Arise, PALM IS DROPPING, IPHONE, ANDROID, NOKIA 9500-->N SERIES, Microsoft Windows CE but higher......, Palm is

:D

@ Richard Robertson You cannot speak of something you do not know and you never tryed. If Your computing life is the size of your 21" SCREEN, AND a wireless keyboard on a DELL. You should open your window and exit to the outside of your PC-table.

In a few 2 or 3 years you will change your mind. If you cannot say anything, do not criticize whatever you do not know. Leave new ideas grow.

You have not to attak whatever you do not understand.

@AdmiralAlkex

You have no idea how modern pda's really work do you? Pocket PC has been and still is the device's with superior hardware and they can berely run the simplest application for Windows 95/98. Or thats what they could for a couple of years ago but I haven't seen any talk or even a download link for the emulator for years. Nobody cares about that kind of stuff anymore. The currently most advanced emulator is for Playstation1.

As you mean, it was 2 years ago, Now update your info, please. MiniComputers changed, now in 2008, iphone is warming to get a hot fight for the enterprise palm-like market share.

Emulators work. 7 years ago. I could code some msdos programms working in an old- MSDOS-emulator for NOKIA 9100 and nokia 9200. It Worked perfect. NO PROB, quite easy, copy and paste and apps-code worked fine. This emulator was not in NOKIA SYMBIA OS but you COULD buy IT out of NOKIA.

Whoever told you that have no idea of how computers work, and/or haven't really seen the specs. Blackberry's website clearly says the processor is at 624 MHz. And that 1GB memory is FLASH NOT RAM. Having 1GB RAM would be extremely absurd when not even Windows Vista needs 1GB. Also i can't find any information that say's it will come in variable sizes as you says ("Upto 16gb"), and even if you counted a memory card it should be higher since there is no limit at 16GB (unless it's in the OS but that would be absurd).

624 IS APROXIMATE 700, AND if you get good hardware and nice OS, this 624Mhz look like running at 1200Mhz, you can overclock .. etc.. I mean try running MS DOS ON A DUAL CORE jejej. it looks much quicker. Or if you defragment your hARD DISK, it is quicker ... SAME for ram, or rom, or what you want ... If you get a optimized OS and HARDWARE your MHZ are many times quicker.

You are getting lost in the mere details, please, think of the computing as a WHOLE THING:

HARDWARE+SOFTWARE(+PROGRAMMING)+THINKING HUMAN USER

Allways, lots of guys come against new ideas as they do not fit in their mind SPACE. Upgrade... :P

Salud2:)

P.D.: The new bold blackberry, is so fast as old MSDOS, I mean you press a key and you see all in milliseconds, software and windows is running at electronics speed, getting back to the old idea of MSDOS speed, instant loading ... no laggs.... hehe

P.D.By the way we are champions .... WE AaaRE THE CHAMPIONSS....... best football ever ...., Germany played very well super, and Ballack was doing very good :P CASILLAS !!! TORRES!!! AND whole team... we are celebrating these days ...

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

It is in the notOnToDoList.... I wanted to open some devs Minds to open some old barrier.... if you wish....

http://svn.autoitscript.com/trac/wiki/AutoItNotOnToDoList

You don't open our minds. You just annoy us by bringing up a subject we've specifically went out of our way to create documentation for to keep people from pestering us about it. Thank you for completely ignoring that.

Well if you make or get any Autoit emulator for my blackberry, tell me, before you realize you use 5 to 1 hours, blackberry vs PC. I am plannig to stop using PC, and drop into BB .... as 90% of my problems are solved in BB......

Don´t worry about new ideas. You do not like changes, do not change any AutoIt Code, as you state in your AutoItNotOnToDoList, but you can change the outside, if not you maybe any other DEV.

Any DEV do not need any source code, or source code changing for getting Autoit work there.

Even you state in your AutoItNotOnToDoList you will not do anything for Linux, but there are many DEVS who got Autoit working in LINUX, and they explained which funcs work there.

Certenly, Valik, this topic is not for you, I directed it to some DEV is using BB, and want to create or to do something, even if it is not support by core-dev team.

Thanks anyway for answer....

Salu2:=

Edited by BasicOs

Well if you make or get any Autoit emulator for my blackberry, tell me, before you realize you use 5 to 1 hours, blackberry vs PC. I am plannig to stop using PC, and drop into BB .... as 90% of my problems are solved in BB......

That's great, I'm glad you found something with which to be productive. Then find tools to fulfill the last 10% on your Blackberry and don't bug us about it.

Don´t worry about new ideas. You do not like changes, do not change any AutoIt Code, as you state in your AutoItNotOnToDoList, but you can change the outside, if not you maybe any other DEV.

I don't mind change as long as it's good change. I don't mind ideas as long as they are good ideas. This is neither.

Any DEV do not need any source code, or source code changing for getting Autoit work there.

Oh, so there's a Windows emulator or Windows application layer which allow Windows binaries to work? Presumably not or you wouldn't have created this thread. At any rate, without some sort of support as mentioned, then yes, you do in fact need the source code - or be willing to write your own parsing engine from scratch to parse AutoIt scripts.

Even you state in your AutoItNotOnToDoList you will not do anything for Linux, but there are many DEVS who got Autoit working in LINUX, and they explained which funcs work there.

Wrong. People (not developers of AutoIt, though) have AutoIt working in WINE, which is a layer that sits between Linux and Windows applications allowing them to work. I'm not sure what your point here is, though. Alright, so people tried to use a Windows application on an OS that has a Windows layer that took 15 years to develop. Good for them?

Certenly, Valik, this topic is not for you, I directed it to some DEV is using BB, and want to create or to do something, even if it is not support by core-dev team.

Only the "core-dev team" has access to the source. None of the other developers have mentioned owning a Blackberry, though it wouldn't surprise me if some do. I know a couple of us have Windows CE devices, however. None of us have expressed any interested in developing AutoIt for any of the devices/platforms because we're all smart enough to realize AutoIt isn't the right tool for every job and the gain for the amount of effort put into getting AutoIt running on such a platform just isn't worth it.

Thanks anyway for answer....

Indeed. You're welcome for the answer to a question I answered a few years ago and put up a document so people wouldn't have to ask.

Thread locked. It was clearly stated in advance this was not going to happen. There's no sense keeping this thread open any longer since you can't accept the answer you've been given.