Can I use a compiled autoit script while the debugger is running?

Hi,

I am using a compiled AutoIt script to configure some project settings and launch an application that then uses these settings.

Now here is my problem:

I would like to use the launcher within a visual studio debugger session. The launched Program (it is SynthEdit.exe) loads my dll that I want to debug.

When I try to start the launcher from the debugger it refuses to work and gives me an error message instead:

'This is a compiled AutoIt script ...'

Of course I do not intend to reengineer or disassemble the compiled script.

Question:

Is there any way to get the exe running in the described situation?

If not: could I use the uncompiled script with the interpreter? How would I then hand the command line options on to the script? (a small example explaining the syntax would be great)

Thanks!

Andreas Sumerauer

--

soundbytes.de

foksmarx.com

Hi Andreas,

I've had exactly the same problem and didn't get it to work in the way you described. My solution was to let the autoit executable start the process you want to debug and then activate the visual studio debugger and attach this to the process. This way the process is not an autoit executable and the debugging starts.

There are some notes to this command. To debug, the autoit executable needs to exit when the debugger is pausing the script. (it is not hard to program this). You have to take over manually after this.

I do not have the code with me right now, if it is still needed I will look it up for you early next week.

In the beginning there was nothing and then even that exploded - anonymous

I've had exactly the same problem and didn't get it to work in the way you described. My solution was to let the autoit executable start the process you want to debug and then activate the visual studio debugger and attach this to the process. This way the process is not an autoit executable and the debugging starts.

Ouch, that sounds rather complicated. I think I will try to to run the uncompiled script through the interpreter.

Or doesn't that work either?

(...) I do not have the code with me right now, if it is still needed I will look it up for you early next week.

Thanks! That would be great. I'll try and use the interpreter first. If that fails I will ask you again for your code.

regards

Andreas