Portability Issue

Does your script interact with the video settings at all? Are the two systems running the same OS? same hardware? You're not being very detailed in your explanation, and all of this is useless if we don't know what it is your script is trying to do. Post your script.

I am facing portability problem with all my scripts because when I try to run it on another system with different screen size, the script execute in absurd manure ...Plz give me the solution as early as possible

Since you told me to give you a solution as early as possible I dropped everything!

Looking over your script I found the problem in line 32... oh wait a minute, you didn't post your script, so we don't have any idea what you did and what your program is trying to do.

Here is some random stabs in the dark:

Try using controlclick() where possible

If you must use mouseclick, and you're dealing with normal windows, try using spacing relative to the

windows position.

If you're using something fullscreen like a game, where the position of things should change proportionally, try using those proportions relative to the screen size. There are Macros @DesktopWidth, and @DesktopHeight to tell you the resolution.

So if you're currently using :

Mouseclick("left",340,600) on a 1024x768 desktop, that'soÝ÷ Ø    mz¹Ú¶+Þ&®¶­sdÖ÷W6V6Æ6²gV÷C¶ÆVgBgV÷C²Â3Có#B¢FW6·F÷vGFÂcósc¢FW6·F÷VvB

I am facing portability problem with all my scripts because when I try to run it on another system with different screen size, the script execute in absurd manure ...Plz give me the solution as early as possible

Actually I have one computer with 17 inches Screen size and another system has 15 inches screen size so when I script something according to 17 inches screen size then it won't work on 15 inches screen size system........Now please give me a generalized solutions

Actually I have one computer with 17 inches Screen size and another system has 15 inches screen size so when I script something according to 17 inches screen size then it won't work on 15 inches screen size system........Now please give me a generalized solutions

Screen size has nothing to do with it. Desktop resolution would and if pixel searching the Colour depth would also have an effect.

This is an all too familiar "Now please give me a generalized solutions" not one of the previously banned users who wouldn't post there up to no good script are we :)

• Developers

........Now please give me a generalized solutions

Which part of "show your script to us to be able to help you" wasn't clear for you?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Which part of "show your script to us to be able to help you" wasn't clear for you?

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

Run('C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE http://callcenter_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=Sta...s740pf.in')

WinWait("Center - Microsoft Internet Explorer","")

If Not WinActive("Center - Microsoft Internet Explorer","") Then WinActivate("Center - Microsoft Internet Explorer","")

WinWaitActive("Center - Microsoft Internet Explorer","")

MouseClick("left",162,13,2)

Send("{SHIFTDOWN}a{SHIFTUP}101255{TAB}{SHIFTDOWN}j{SHIFTUP}ajloth1{ENTER}")

Sleep(10000)

MouseMove(103,196)

MouseDown("left")

MouseUp("left")

WinWait("Error","")

If Not WinActive("Error","") Then WinActivate("Error","")

WinWaitActive("Error","")

MouseMove(137,136)

MouseDown("left")

MouseUp("left")

WinWait("SIT1 - Siebel Call Center - Microsoft Internet Explorer","")

If Not WinActive("Center - Microsoft Internet Explorer","") Then WinActivate("Center - Microsoft Internet Explorer","")

WinWaitActive("Center - Microsoft Internet Explorer","")

MouseMove(229,244)

MouseDown("left")

MouseUp("left")

WinWait("Error","")

If Not WinActive("Error","") Then WinActivate("Error","")

WinWaitActive("Error","")

MouseMove(131,135)

MouseDown("left")

MouseUp("left")

Edited by Rajveer

See, because I didn't have a clue what you were doing, and only guessed, all my suggestions, which were for the general case, were useless, and thus I wasted a good five minutes making that reply.

Agree with Chris, you're better off using the _IE functions.

i will give an example

Let us consider we are using Yahoo application for new account creation...We enter all the Data from Excel in respective tab and we click on Text box and combo-box...Now we identified this Box and all using Mouse Click which is recorded using AUTOIT tool Info ..We scripted this on 17 inch monitor which has 1280 by 1024 pixel resolution

Now for any other system the resolution differs

When we run this script on those system the Mouse click is made on some unidentified place and thus was not able to successfully run our scripts