Does AutoIt support external arguments declared by other programs?

Hey guys I was just curious as to if AutoIt could use external arguments from other programs such as uTorrent for example. In the advanced tab on uTorrent you can set uTorrent to run an exe when a download finishes and you can also pass on arguments into that exe for example: %n=Name of the torrent %d=destination of the files the torrent downloaded etc. I was wondering if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction as to how to pass these arguments on to a compiled AutoIt script if it is possible.

Thanks a lot guys, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

-Steve

Thank for the fast response, but that just tells me how to put the parameters into a variable which is awesome but do you know if it will grab the value of the argument defined by another program or just the raw parameter name and return that in the $cmdline array?

Thanks again man.

• Developers

Thank for the fast response, but that just tells me how to put the parameters into a variable which is awesome but do you know if it will grab the value of the argument defined by another program or just the raw parameter name and return that in the $cmdline array?

Thanks again man.

You lost me here.

$cmdline allows you to retrieve all parameters which were specified on the commandline that started de program(script).

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Sorry, but yea so if I run the command "Program.exe %N". Where %N is an argument uTorrent declared that contains the name of the torrent. Will $cmdline[1] equal "%N" or the torrent name. Or would I have to extract the torrent name from the variable? Thanks.

• Developers

Sorry, but yea so if I run the command "Program.exe %N". Where %N is an argument uTorrent declared that contains the name of the torrent. Will $cmdline[1] equal "%N" or the torrent name. Or would I have to extract the torrent name from the variable? Thanks.

Have you tried it in a script ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Well I am at work now, which has horrible internet and they would be pissed if I run torrents on the network, cause they monitor everything. But yea when I get home I will. I was just wondering if you knew. Thanks again.