removing the horizontal scroll in a listview control

Hey,

does anyone know how to maintain the vertical scroll (scroll on the right) and then removing the horizontal scroll (scroll on bottom) in a listview control? I did the $TVS_NOSCROLL style, but it'll remove both scrolls. Using $WS_VSCROLL it will create a vertical scroll, but it won't remove the Horizontal scroll which is still visible...

Searched through the helpfile, but couldn't find anything.

Anyone have a idea how to solve this?

thanks,

immense

Hey,

does anyone know how to maintain the vertical scroll (scroll on the right) and then removing the horizontal scroll (scroll on bottom) in a listview control? I did the $TVS_NOSCROLL style, but it'll remove both scrolls. Using $WS_VSCROLL it will create a vertical scroll, but it won't remove the Horizontal scroll which is still visible...

Searched through the helpfile, but couldn't find anything.

Anyone have a idea how to solve this?

thanks,

immense

The only way I know is to keep the combined column widths to be less than the width of the listview
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

what? Man, i really don't want to make the width small enough that the horizontal bar wont show. Why isn't there a style for it?? that's really weird. Maybe this should be in the next version of autoit.. and isn't there an other way to do this? There's always a second way to do something :)

immense

what? Man, i really don't want to make the width small enough that the horizontal bar wont show.

Maybe I misunderstand what you want, but it looks to me from your reaction that it's more likely you misunderstood me. If you think that I was suggesting that you make the listview width only a few pixels wide so you couldn't see the horizontal scroll bar then please read my post again.

If you don't want to make the column widths smaller than the listview width so that the horizontal scrollbar doesn't show then it suggests that the information in the colmns must be more than can fit across the listview. If you don't want a horizontal scroll bar then you don't want anyone to see what's in the listview beyond a certain number of characters, so in that case just don't put all the information in the columns and make the colum widths a sensible size then the horizontal scroll bar won't show.

If the listview width is 500, and the column 1 width is 200 and the column 2 width is 301, assuming you have only 2 columns, then the horizontal scroll bar will appear. So make the colums widths such they they don't add up to more than the listview width.

Why isn't there a style for it??

Why would anyone, apart from you I suppose, want a listview with information in it that the user was prevented from seeing?

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.