Any way i can protect my software from decompiling with a hacked decompiler

Hey all

I worked very hard on a script and now i want to sell it

the problem is that after i compile it

i can use a hacked decompiler to decompile it.......

what can i do to protect my script (im using Autoit 3.2.12.1)

I tried all the ways in the compile GUI . and still no matter whats the compression rate ,its still decompile..

any way i can protect the script please......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Ask the big Software companies how they do it, that is, if you can find one that managed to protect any program against piracy.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ask the big Software companies how they do it, that is, if you can find one that managed to protect any program against piracy.

They have a real compile, not just a Script together with the Interpreter in an Exe-File :)

//Edit: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28323 doens't work anymore. THe Decompilers work around this.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

They have a real compile, not just a Script together with the Interpreter in an Exe-File :)

//Edit: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28323 doens't work anymore. THe Decompilers work around this.

Well even that doesn't work.. :P

They might hide the source, but the program could still be cracked and used anyway..

Tell me a program / game that hasn't been hacked yet even though the producers of these have alot of money to the security part :P

Regards

just Binary

FileWrite($h_Open, Binary($v_executable))

THANKS

Nowi have an output thats a working .exe file.

but its not obfuscator..

i left all the default options in the gui as is

I know that some1 could hack my program no matter what ill do. but atleast i want is to be confusing.

Why don't you simply remove the lame UPX protection and add something better like Armadillo or ExeCryptor?

Valik, The Legendary programmer!Will be using that signature for 2 months due to my loss on a bet ):

Why don't you simply remove the lame UPX protection and add something better like Armadillo or ExeCryptor?

Well its the first time i hear about staff like Armadillo or ExeCryptor.

I google it and both of them cost $$

Any free sofware out there? (its doesnt have to be super pro....) ?

Now why are you going to make a program with a free language, try to sell it, and worry about decompilation? Everything can be decompiled in any way shape or form. The answer is: don't sell your "software".

I seriously doubt your program can be any good when your spelling and grammer is horrid. Maybe you should try to post your "program" in the example scripts here first, to see if anyone will actually buy it, or is it worth buying, etc.

Edited by JasonB

• Moderators

Now why are you going to make a program with a free language, try to sell it, and worry about decompilation? Everything can be decompiled in any way shape or form. The answer is: don't sell your "software".

I seriously doubt your program can be any good when your spelling and grammer is horrid. Maybe you should try to post your "program" in the example scripts here first, to see if anyone will actually buy it, or is it worth buying, etc.

Maybe you should just that word trap of yours and mind your own business. You help someone to delete their drive files without even as much as a blink... and you concern yourself with others proprietary motives... You need to lay quite low.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Everything can be decompiled in any way shape or form. The answer is: don't sell your "software".

That isn't true. A truly compileable language cannot be decompiled. It can be dissassembled, however. But getting the assembly of a program isn't going to help very much.

That isn't true. A truly compileable language cannot be decompiled. It can be dissassembled, however. But getting the assembly of a program isn't going to help very much.

Are you saying that AutoIt isn't "A truly compilable langugage"? Edited by JasonB

Ah, I see. So it's a language, built from a language?!

Exactly (but that is, however, how all languages are made - from another pre-existing language). The compiler only sticks the uncompiled script in with the AutoIt binary (which happens to be written in C++). Edited by cppman

It's a script platform with a stub file,are you calling that a language?

I rather donating the dev team for improvement on their work on this.

@Author,

Well ,you want to sell your software and you want your software to be well protected,but you're not going to pay for a software protection?

Haven't you heard of 'cracks'

Edited by H5O20H

Valik, The Legendary programmer!Will be using that signature for 2 months due to my loss on a bet ):