Using HTML

Yes, you can use _IENavigate() _IECreateEmbedded(), and others to embed the html page inside your GUI.

Yes I suppose I should have explained more. Not really for the purpose of bringing in external material. I was trying to format text in a little nicer way hoping I could parse the html as the text in the window..

GUICtrlCreateLabel for example where "text" was actually "<b>text</b>" where it would parse the html directly.

So, you have html, from somewhere, and you want to display this html in a edit or whatever, but without the <b> and </b>, and others correct?

Yes I'd like to:

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "text", left, top [, width [, height [, style [, exStyle]]]] )

Where instead of putting plain text in the "text" I would put HTML code directly.

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "<html><b>text</b></html>", left, top [, width [, height [, style [, exStyle]]]] )

And display/parse it like an html page without showing the code. I've seen a UDF I think here but I can't type "html" to find it in the search box!.. haha

There are a few things you could do depending on what the situation is...

1) Use the built in formatting functions. Unfortunately there isn't always everything you need.

2) create a Rich Text box... there are a few UDFs floating around you can find.

3) If you want something parsed like IE, you need to use the IE engine. (I mean that you can't have it rendered like a browser would and not using a browser. I've use an _iecreateembedded in several of my programs... I can just alter the html as need be and voila, I get all the formatting I could ever want.)

Edited by Brickoneer

There are a few things you could do depending on what the situation is...

1) Use the built in formatting functions. Unfortunately there isn't always everything you need.

2) create a Rich Text box... there are a few UDFs floating around you can find.

3) If you want something parsed like IE, you need to use the IE engine. (I mean that you can't have it rendered like a browser would and not using a browser. I've use an _iecreateembedded in several of my programs... I can just alter the html as need be and voila, I get all the formatting I could ever want.)

Thank you I'll try the methods mentioned. _iecreateembedded perhaps may work out best.