Error Handle An Entire Function

I would like to error handle an entire function that happens to be 1000+ lines. Is this possible, or do I have to set error handling for each and every part? I just want a simple msgbox that tells them to read the helpfile :)

I did try to put it in the case statement, then at the end of the function, and the beginning : No Dice.

Edited by Anonymouse
children may smile; the wise ponder- Dr. Holmes of Hardvard Medical School on an Ether BingeLove Makes The World Go Round?So does five shots of tequila. What's your point?[quote name='Valik' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:13 PM']wraithdu, 24 hours. Said I have a bad attitude, just driving the point home with a ban.[/quote]This is classic. :)

• Moderators

I would like to error handle an entire function that happens to be 1000+ lines. Is this possible, or do I have to set error handling for each and every part? I just want a simple msgbox that tells them to read the helpfile :P

I did try to put it in the case statement, then at the end of the function, and the beginning : No Dice.

1. A 1000 line function? :) (Ever thought of breaking it up into mini functions for easier handling and possibly error checking?)

2. What you're asking is impossible to answer, as there is nothing to go off of. The only answer is... Yes, you can error check the function.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

1. A 1000 line function? :P (Ever thought of breaking it up into mini functions for easier handling and possibly error checking?)

2. What you're asking is impossible to answer, as there is nothing to go off of. The only answer is... Yes, you can error check the function.

Well, it's only 1000+ lines because I was having a horrific time with arrays and decided to just copy/paste ->edit what I already wrote as a smaller version. So it's the same lines over and over with different variables. I know.. I'm going to buy a Trigg book as soon as possible. :)

I would show you the code, but I'm actually rather embarrassed that it took me 3100 lines to write something that would have only taken you 1000. heh.

I'll figure it out eventually, I guess I'll mess around with it a bit now and research Event Handling. Thanks, Smoke.

children may smile; the wise ponder- Dr. Holmes of Hardvard Medical School on an Ether BingeLove Makes The World Go Round?So does five shots of tequila. What's your point?[quote name='Valik' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:13 PM']wraithdu, 24 hours. Said I have a bad attitude, just driving the point home with a ban.[/quote]This is classic. :)