consolewrite not writing nething to console

M tryin to run this simple code but even this is notworkin, it simply dont show nething written newhere...it ends the script with exit code 0. Any clue if i need to change some settings somewhere ?

;------------------

ConsoleWrite("done")
Local $var = "Test"
ConsoleWrite("var=" & $var & @CRLF)

I'm not a programmer. Just a Power User.

• Developers

Of course it writes it ... run it from SciTE and you will see the output in the OutputPane.

What are you trying to do? Out put written in the CMD window? if so, compile your script with the CUI option.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

No no...not in cmd window, but the pane in wich it tells u abt exit codes etc....the one wich appears wen u press F8. Its not showin nething there, n i just cant figure out if theres ne particular settin in scite wich cud disable consolewritin to output pane.

U think i need to reinstall autoit ?

• Developers

I have no clou what you are saying.

Maybe you could try explaining what you are doing exactly... for example: you talk about F8 ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Maybe this picture will say more than i can explain/type.

Nothin appearin in console

;----------------------------------

Check if autoit3.exe still exists because it shows a version of : 0.0.0.0 which means that something is wrong.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Something's up.

For one, you have a lack of syntax highlighting except for comments, variables, and strings.

Second, in the console output, your Autoit version number should be there after "Running (version) from (yourpath) (Your's shows 0.0.0.0)

That's different.

EDIT: Jos beat me to it.

Edited by KentonBomb

It took your machine 1.2 seconds to run that?

Anyway. I ran it and got:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\File path here\testcode.au3"

done

$var="Test"

>Exit code: 0 Time: 0.321

Edited by Nevin

• Developers

It took your machine 1.2 seconds to run that?

Anyway. I ran it and got:

It takes longer because au3check is also ran.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

thanx jos n keton!

---------------------

Had it been about some script, i wud have gladly used programing standards to highlight syntax etc.

The purpose here is totally different from findin the error in some script.

• Developers

neo291,

check the au3.properties for the value of autoit3dir which also looks wrong on the commandline shown in your screen capture.

it should be:

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ahh. Before I edited my post, it made mention of how I know nothing about Scite :P

Apparently I've been tagged "spammer". Maybe I shouldn't try to help so much. :)

I guess I'm not that helpful anyway.

• Developers

Ahh. Before I edited my post, it made mention of how I know nothing about Scite :P

Apparently I've been tagged "spammer". Maybe I shouldn't try to help so much. :)

I guess I'm not that helpful anyway.

When you load the full SciTE4AutoIt3 packages you get these extra options. AutoIt3 comes with a lite version on SciTE4Autoit3 that only does Run and Compile.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Back.

Reinstalled the entire thingy n instead of putting a AutoIt3.exe installer puts a AutoIt3A.exe. So renamed it n its working fine now.

Thanx a lot jos.

Thanx a lot guys.

Back.

Reinstalled the entire thingy n instead of putting a AutoIt3.exe installer puts a AutoIt3A.exe. So renamed it n its working fine now.

Thanx a lot jos.

Thanx a lot guys.

There should be an Autoit3.exe (Unicode version) and an Autoit3A.exe (ANSI Version)

If you're missing one, you must be using a broken installer.

• 12 years later...

Sorry to zombify such an old topic, but I just installed the latest versions of :

- AutoIt

- Scite

and I ended up with almost the same problem : I launch the script editor (scite), and when I launch the script, all I get in the console output is this :

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "Q:\test.au3"    
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.2014

Test script used :

ConsoleWrite("done")
Local $var = "Test"
ConsoleWrite("var=" & $var & @CRLF)

Side notes :

I'm a 40 years old sysadmin, don't spare me ...

I'm using autoit scripts for about 2 years, and I never got this problem before. I reinstalled my computer, and I get this problem now; right after reinstalling.

I tried to install/uninstall several times, and using :

- regular download of the AutoIt + Scite packages (.exe) and manual install

- installing trough Chocolatey packages

Configuration :

Windows 10, last version, freshly updated.

Scite version : Version 3.5.4    Mar 15 2018 13:15:52

AutoItVersion : 3.3.14.5 (from the help file)

NO manual modifications of the .properties files

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

• Developers
On 6/29/2008 at 10:52 PM, Jos said:

Of course it writes it ... run it from SciTE and you will see the output in the OutputPane.

What are you trying to do? Out put written in the CMD window? if so, compile your script with the CUI option.

The answer is there and not changed in those 12 years. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Not quite :

image.thumb.png.f6268d93a314a2c81fcb04d1fe791457.png

I never used autoit out of scite ... I'm using it to automate part of my job, piece by piece. I launch scripts one by one, depending of the day.

I had to reinstal autoit + scite manually to get this result (and NOT using the chocolatey installer... BTW)

I took the habit to launch the script using the F5 shortcut. All my scripts used to work that way. Now, after a fresh install, the console shows a message using the wrapper, but absolutley no other output. I can't see the message i'm sending to console ...

I also used the F8 shortcut to show the console before launching. I dont get any output.

where am I wrong ????