Unable to open the script file

Hi,

I am getting the "Unable to open the script file." error message when I open .exe I have compiled or built.

I found a thread that discussed this issue and I uninstalled AutoIt and SciTE. I deleted the AutoIt folder in Program Files and deleted AutoIt and SciTe registry entries. I reinstalled AutoIt v3.2.12.1 using the AutoIt Full Installation. I reinstalled SciTE - SciTE4AutoIt3.exe - 17-5-2008.

I am still getting the error message, even with AutoIt examples. (No error messages appear in SciTE (SyntaxCheck Prod) or during the build.)

What is odd is I was able to compile one file earlier today (before the delete and reinstall). But after that nothing.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Kevin

Hi,

I am getting the "Unable to open the script file." error message when I open .exe I have compiled or built.

I found a thread that discussed this issue and I uninstalled AutoIt and SciTE. I deleted the AutoIt folder in Program Files and deleted AutoIt and SciTe registry entries. I reinstalled AutoIt v3.2.12.1 using the AutoIt Full Installation. I reinstalled SciTE - SciTE4AutoIt3.exe - 17-5-2008.

I am still getting the error message, even with AutoIt examples. (No error messages appear in SciTE (SyntaxCheck Prod) or during the build.)

What is odd is I was able to compile one file earlier today (before the delete and reinstall). But after that nothing.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Kevin

You cannot open the compiled .exe file of your script in SciTE. Extracting the original script text from the .exe ("decompiling") is no longer supported by AutoIt.

Compiling your script into an .exe does nothing to the original .au3, so you should still have it. Keep a backup of your source and don't delete it, because you don't have the tools to recover it from the .exe file.

:)

Edit: Typos.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You cannot open the compiled .exe file of your script in SciTE. Extracting the original script text from the .exe ("decompiling") is no longer supported by AutoIt.

Compiling your script into an .exe does nothing to the original .au3, so you should still have it. Keep a backup of your source and don't delete it, because you don't have the tools to recover it from the .exe file.

Edit: Typos.

Thank you for replying.

When I double click on the .exe in Explorer to see if it works, that is when I am getting the error message.

I have tried building / compiling with SciTE and with Aut2Exe v3 - and the results are the same: I get the error message.

I decided to build / compile some AutoIt examples - thinking it's my code that is causing the problem - but I still get the error message when I double click on the .exe.

:P

• Developers

Did you check if your AV software left everything as it should be ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Did you check if your AV software left everything as it should be ?

It definitely rears its head when installing, but it didn't stop the process or report any infected files (as some have reported here).

Jos,

Thank you. Thank you for giving me a push in the right direction. I uninstalled AutoIt and SciTE, removed registry entries, and reinstalled both with all security software turned off.

Tested, using Compile and Build from shortcut menu and SciTE, with security software turned off. No more errors when I try to open an .exe. :)

Turned security back on - one by one - and found ThreatFire almost always breaks the process. No warnings, no prompts, .... everything appears to be OK, until you try to open the .exe. ESET NOD32 breaks the process - not as frequently - it appears - as ThreatFire. Again, no warnings, no prompts.

Kevin