MAC Address "Spoofer"

SoulA

Update 10/16/2008

Since this topic/program was brought back up for a while after being dead and I saw some of this code today which basically did the same thing mine did except better I decided to update my program.

I used a lot of the functions posted by tm2148b in this post

Code is still sloppy and bad for the most part it is just less so now.

NOTE: I just noticed some of my network adapters disable with this and some do not. Not sure why it works sometimes and not others as wraithdu pointed out. Manually disabling and renabling your adapter should still change your MAC address however.

Update 10/16/2008

Small script I wrote to easily "spoof" a computer's MAC (media access control) address.

My code for disabling and enabling the NIC cards on a xp machine was taken from Svenp who posted the code here so thanks to him.

I am a novice at both programming and autoit so the code is probably terribly sloppy but I decided to show it off anyway for any comments suggestions improvements etc.

MACDistro_v1.3.au3

Edited by SoulA

Truely nice work I needed it Keep up the good work and beware not to become a spammer like me :)

Seriously, does anyone read the forum information?

"Spammer" is the user tag that is defaulted to everyone with over 250 posts. Once you hit 300 (or something like that) you can make it whatever you want.

• 3 months later...

Quick note on this. The .Disable method does not work on Vista (at least not on my laptop). Can anyone confirm it actually disables a network adapter? Example code -

$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}")
$netAdapterSet = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("select * from Win32_NetworkAdapter where Name like '%Wireless%'")

For $Adapter In $netAdapterSet
    ConsoleWrite($Adapter.Name & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite($Adapter.Disable & @CRLF)
Next

The .Enable method works correctly to re-enable the adapter.

Just tested this again and it disabled my wireless net adapter. I'm running vista ultimate x64 if that makes a difference. Note that method only works on vista. To disable on XP different methods need to be taken to enable/disable net adapters.

Me either. This morning I tried the same thing in PowerShell, VBScript, and VB .NET. None of them work. So somehow the .Disable method is broken on my system. Could be cause it's a laptop, could be the drivers I have installed, who knows. Googling was no help either. Oh well. The XP method works still.