Raw Clients Possible?

para

well, i don't know if any of the autoit commands besides DllCall could do it.. but if you know C or C++ or some laguage like that, write a dll and use dllcall to call your functions or just find an AIM dll and use that... :D but i don't think AutoIt is one of those languages where you can work around another program, with that same power as the program your working around... sry :idiot:

FootbaG

As I understand, DLLCALL allows you to write ANYTHING you want in c++, and use any c++ command or c command in autoit, there by autoit CAN (technically) do anything c and c++ can do right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wrong... autoit doesnt allow you to write anything you want in C++... infact, just forget about C++for one moment... autoit is it's own langauge, not any add on for C++.. the DllCall function allows you to call C++ functions inside a dll, not make a dll, or any of that... :idiot:
FootbaG

As I understand, DLLCALL allows you to write ANYTHING you want in c++, and use any c++ command or c command in autoit, there by autoit CAN (technically) do anything c and c++ can do right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just out of curiousity, why would you use C++ to make a Dll specifically for AutoIt when you could leave AutoIt out of the picture altogether and just create the whole program in C++ instead?

...Not trying to hate on AutoIt or anything...

Just out of curiousity, why would you use C++ to make a Dll specifically for AutoIt when you could leave AutoIt out of the picture altogether and just create the whole program in C++ instead?

...Not trying to hate on AutoIt or anything...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I was thinking exactly the same thing, as I think it sound

easier to take the time to learn C++ and then code it there :idiot:,

then to create it with AutoIt using DLLCALL..

Not that DLLCALL is all that damn hard, but figure the work of calling

every tiny functions needed for the client to work properly..

Would probably result in an insanly long sourcecode too.

Well don't let us discourage you. I was just imagining someone going out and learning just enough of C++ to create a DLL for AutoIt to use, when they could spend the time to learn more about C++ and create the whole program with it. See what I mean? That would seem kinda silly, wouldn't it?

But what you're talking about seems more like what Larry is doing with his Au3Xtra.dll. He knows a bunch about C++ already and is graciously creating a DLL that makes things easy for users of AutoIt.