Tabs

I would like to implement tabs in my GUI. I have three different sets of functions in my program and want to seperate them to help keep the GUI and focus of each different set of functions clear. I don't know the best way to do this. I have already done this program in VBScript, but want to move it ot AutoIT. I have created the first set of functions GUI but I don't know if I should use child windows or what instead. Tabs are nice and easy to do for the web, but obviously this is not really web stuff..

I guess I could go through and hide show all of the different controls. But I am just not sure if that is the right way to do it. Plus positioning the controls on the page would be hard with KODA (or the form designer) I think.

Any tips or pointers or examples would be awesome! I would love to get my gui figured out before I start coding everything. I guess technically I could create three seperate programs actually....

Oh well, thanks in advance!

Fred

If it's tabs you want, then why don't you use them??

GUICtrlCreateTab()

GUICtrlCreateTabItem()

PS. Dont forget to read the helpfile!

Thanks! I was so busy using the Form Designer application which obvoiusly doesn't support tabs yet that I never thought to read the helpfile for the tabs information.

Thanks again!

Fred

Thanks! I was so busy using the Form Designer application which obvoiusly doesn't support tabs yet that I never thought to read the helpfile for the tabs information.

Thanks again!

Fred

If by Form Designer you mean Koda then it does support tabs. What problem did you have?
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I definately think using Koda is the easiest way to do Tabs. Drop the tab on the form, size it, then create a tab item in it. Then create another tab item, etc. Makes adding all the controls on each tab item so much easier. Just remember when you create a tab item, to close it with a blank create tab item (in your code. Koda will do it for you). If you fail to do this you will see some of your controls in strange places or doing strange things.

Sul.