how to read and send text from a YM chat window?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

please be more specific what i should be looking for, i downloaded yahoo messenger plugin sdk, but i still can't figure out how to use it and get it working with autoit... thanks anyway.

I didn't mean to come across so bluntly. Aside from window functions (which won't work for Yahoo, apparently), you're stuck with using some kind of API. Yahoo has an API available (C++, I believe), but unless someone develops a library of functions in AutoIt you are stuck doing the coding yourself. Another option would be to use a different chat program (i.e. GAIM, Pidgin, Trillian, etc.) that may have an easier to use COM library available. You'll still have to do development work (or get someone to help you). I've been thinking about creating a UDF library for Trillian - it can access AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and ICQ.
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

I didn't mean to come across so bluntly. Aside from window functions (which won't work for Yahoo, apparently), you're stuck with using some kind of API. Yahoo has an API available (C++, I believe), but unless someone develops a library of functions in AutoIt you are stuck doing the coding yourself. Another option would be to use a different chat program (i.e. GAIM, Pidgin, Trillian, etc.) that may have an easier to use COM library available. You'll still have to do development work (or get someone to help you). I've been thinking about creating a UDF library for Trillian - it can access AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and ICQ.

that sounds like a great plan, but why Trillian? isn't Trillian not a free software anymore? anyway, whatever it is, would be great, i will be waiting the UDF library you're making.

thanks for the explanation,

• 2 months later...

that sounds like a great plan, but why Trillian? isn't Trillian not a free software anymore? anyway, whatever it is, would be great, i will be waiting the UDF library you're making.

thanks for the explanation,

because trillian will allow you to send messages to any IM Service. Means much less coding. Just code for 1 API, versus coding for Windows MEssenger, Aim, Yahoo, and any others.

Sorry to bump a seemingly inactive thread, but if Airwolf does not code this, I will. I need it bad, and I'm sure others will find use in it. I'm willing to go as far as even Debugging Trillian to make use of FindWindowProcEx in C++ and to get a functions data members for this returned function address, then code a DLL to call the function we need (Such as "SendIM" or "AddContact" etc...) all through autoit's DllCall function. I'm dead serious about this, so if anyone has a project similair to this that they've already started on, please let me know! I'd hate to make something that's already been made, and even so, I'd rather contribute to your project than step on your toes!!

We need this.... The wonderful ability to communicate to any IM Service, through the control of AutoIt. Means unleashing AutoIt into the world of IM - a fantastic thing.

Thanks,

yuri