Running a script only for once

i have read about Trialware Wrapper and XProTec but these are not usefull

how can i run my script only for one time and never start again on any other computer?

is it possible or not?

[font="Georgia"]GSM Expert[/font] but not AutoIt :DProud to be Admin Of : http://www.gsmhosting.net/visit my Forum... http://www.gsmhosting.net/vbb/index.php
$Life = "Happy"
If @Error Then
$Life = "Risk"

i have read about Trialware Wrapper and XProTec but these are not usefull

how can i run my script only for one time and never start again on any other computer?

is it possible or not?

Possiblity isn't the answer its how you wanna do it :)

You cannot store something within the application to be used later.. it has to be stored somewhere... what u can do is have it download an ini that has

[Program]

NumberOfUses=0

Then wen used have it change NumberOfUses=1 then upload it and then in your application at the top have it read that after download and if it >= 1 Then Exit with a MsgBox to let them know it expired or such?

Other then that I don't know

Edited by tlokz

That's ... :)

How do you provide the script? If you send it via email than a autodelete after work is useless cause I got the script in my mail.

One possibility would be a check against a webserver or you need to specitfy the time and date or something.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

@ Xenobiologist

yes, you are right but checking against a webserver... i dont know about it.

Hi,

easy put a file on a webserver. When your script starts, it reads the file and then you can react on that.

E.g.: You've sent your script your friend Martin

Serverfile looks like this:

Martin=0

After one start you set the value to 1.

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

easy put a file on a webserver. When your script starts, it reads the file and then you can react on that.

E.g.: You've sent your script your friend Martin

Serverfile looks like this:

Martin=0

After one start you set the value to 1.

Mega

The thing is you can't directly edit the ini file on the webserver, so you'd have to download it and then FTP it back up to the webserver modified.

You'd have to use the FTP udfs to do it, search the Examples section if you want to use this method

The thing is you can't directly edit the ini file on the webserver, so you'd have to download it and then FTP it back up to the webserver modified.

You'd have to use the FTP udfs to do it, search the Examples section if you want to use this method

Hi,

you can let the webserver do the work. Servlet or something.

Mega