Step by step debug

Newbie2

• Developers

Latest release of scTE4AutoIt3 has Trace capabilty which shows you the statements/lines executed....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Latest release of scTE4AutoIt3 has Trace capabilty which shows you the statements/lines executed....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love this application by the way. I have one question. I've run 3.03 via installation and the install direction is listed in registry. However, when using includes:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

I get ERROR: GuiCreate(): undefined function. After performing numerous searches and reading the help guide, the only cause/effect I seem to read is that the install directory is not found. However, it's listed in registry. Any ideas why this occurs? Or is this even related to the directory includes.

Also, when compiling, global const seems to have errors pop up even though there is nothing wrong with global const.

Otherwise, I simply love this nifty utility.

[font="Optima"]"Those who heed life with speculation and contemplation, are the ones stuck home with constipation." - Joel[/font]

• Developers

I am impressed how you did it without AutoIt support? :idiot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well its now possible because we have the new ConsoleWrite function... and yea it does show the script lines flow so could assist in debugging...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I love this application by the way.  I have one question.  I've run 3.03 via installation and the install direction is listed in registry.  However, when using includes:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

I get ERROR: GuiCreate(): undefined function.  After performing numerous searches and reading the help guide, the only cause/effect I seem to read is that the install directory is not found.  However, it's listed in registry.  Any ideas why this occurs?  Or is this even related to the directory includes.

Also, when compiling, global const seems to have errors pop up even though there is nothing wrong with global const.

Otherwise, I simply love this nifty utility.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont' understand the relation between your error and SciTE4AutoIt3..

Do you mean you use version 1.0.103 of Autoit3 and get this error when you Run the script ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well its now possible because we have the new ConsoleWrite function...  and yea it does show the script lines flow so could assist in debugging...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks,

I miss the consolewrite insertion.

THe only (perhaps not) missing functionality in Scite is the support to display at least 2 file at the same time can you be my avocate to the dev group.

A lot of time I want to see 2 different parts of 2 different files at the same time.

(MDI support)

Thanks a lot for this wonderfull tool.

Thanks,

I miss the consolewrite insertion.

THe only (perhaps not) missing functionality in Scite is the support to display at least 2 file at the same time can you be my avocate to the dev group.

A lot of time I want to see 2 different parts of 2 different files at the same time.

(MDI support)

Thanks a lot for this wonderfull tool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JP, do you mean have a split window showing two different parts of the same file or two seperate files, each in half of the window? If so, I've seen that asked a few times, but I can't remember if Neil just said he didn't want it or if he said he would add it if somebody wrote a good version.

JP, do you mean have a split window showing two different parts of the same file or two seperate files, each in half of the window?  If so, I've seen that asked a few times, but I can't remember if Neil just said he didn't want it or if he said he would add it if somebody wrote a good version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In fact I like both sometime seeing 2 parts of the same file some time 2 different files.

Thanks to be my advocate to Neil. I understand it could be a tricky problem for different platform support.

The integration of diff planes as in WinMerge could be the next request to fullfill my current use of an "editor". :idiot: