AutoIt and IconLib....

I found the IconLib library over at the CodeProject site. It looks like an interesting library to use. I began wondering if it could be used directly or indirectly in AutoIT, without having to write a seperate C# program to utilize it. Can anybody help/assist me? Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi,

Most of the IconLib could be translated directly into autoit, but it wouldn't be easy for a n00b like myself.

The icl part I'm still trying to wrap my mind around.

I was actually looking at the page you posted before I looked in your thread.

So I couldn't help respond in your thread.

I've only recently started to play with ico headers in autoit and I've still a lot to learn.

Example of my playing:Iconator

(currently icl extraction isn't working, and am about to add single and selective icon from goup icon extraction from anything not icl. Once I get the icl worked out I'll then offer to add icons to resources)

Currently I don't have a problem understanding and writing a standard (RT_Group_Icon) ico header byte for byte as a single icon or a group icon.

But I still lack the understanding in the areas of the image data in the icon (RT_Icon, Bitmap, PNG).

Given time and more research and tinkering I'll hopefully understand it a bit better.

Cheers

• 5 months later...