More than 4 parameters using SciTE's View > Parameters?

It's great that SciTE includes the function to "preview" the effect of command-line parameters by going to View > Parameters (or Shift+F8), but I would like to know how to increase the limit of 4 parameters. I did a decent amount of looking around but couldn't find the property for it. I thought that it might have been one of the LUA files, but I couldn't find it in there. Can someone help?

By the way, does anyone really care about the function of passing command-line parameters to scripts? I haven't made a script for myself that doesn't use command parameters, but I rarely see any buzz about it from anyone else.

Thanks,

Jeemo

An emoticon is worth a dozen words.

Just specify multiple parameters in any of the four input fields.

Jos :)

Wow. I mean... wow. Such a simple solution that never crossed my mind. Thanks for the tip. I'll be over here, basking in my stupidity. muttley

Jos (or anyone else), how do you feel about passing command line parameters to your scripts? Is it something that's widely used, or mostly unused? Also, since you're a developer, do you know if there are any plans to change or enhance AutoIT's handling of command line parameters? I ask again out of curiosity because it's something upon which I heavily rely.

Edited by Jeemo

• Developers

Jos (or anyone else), how do you feel about passing command line parameters to your scripts? Is it something that's widely used, or mostly unused? Also, since you're a developer, do you know if there are any plans to change or enhance AutoIT's handling of command line parameters? I ask again out of curiosity because it's something upon which I heavily rely.

I use it in many scripts but have no idea what you are thinking of as far as enhancements?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Well I have something cooking that will open up some possibilities beyond the built-in capability of simply passing values as arguments. It might not be for everyone, but it definitely serves me in what I do. It will probably come in handy mostly in cases where the script author will not necessarily be the script user.

I have to admit that I'm concerned that you, as a developer, reacted the way you did. It's leading me to believe that I am probably going through a vast amount of trouble for something that is probably not necessary, as there might be a much more simple way of accomplishing what I'm setting out to do. Regardless, I'm going to finish putting it together in the event that some people can make use of it, and I'm also having a lot of fun and learning some neat things in the process.

Sorry for being vague, I'm just trying to avoid having the idea poo-pooed (or finished by someone else) before I can complete it.

• Developers

Sorry for being vague, I'm just trying to avoid having the idea poo-pooed (or finished by someone else) before I can complete it.

Vague? Nah, You are as clear as mud. muttley

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I... I never liked you. :(

muttley mmm, Where did I hear that before ?

Anyways, let me know when you are ready to discuss your "brain spinning excercise". :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

:) mmm, Where did I hear that before ?

Anyways, let me know when you are ready to discuss your "brain spinning excercise". :(

Lol, you got it. And thanks for not taking my last post seriously.

Yeah, when I'm done I will make a giant elaborate post that'll be documented, explained and exampled to the Nth degree - perfect for when nobody looks at it. muttley