/AutoIt3ExecuteScript and #Include files

Hi,

I have an autoit compiled script that dynamically generates some autoit script code, saves it into a file and then executes it by calling the compiled script with the /AutoIt3ExecuteScript command line parameter. This works really well except when I try to use the #include statement on the dynamic autoit script code.

I expected that if I #included an au3 file in the compiled script, the script that I execute via /AutoIt3ExecuteScript would also have access to it. However this is not the case. Instead it seems that I need to do a FileInstall of the files that I need to include. This seems kind of redundant since the file is already "included" in the compiled script. It is also not so clean since it means that I need to clutter the application folder with these include files.

Obviously I don't know the internals of AutoIt and this could be necessary due to the way AutoIt works, but it would be great if you could access the files included in the compiled script when using the /AutoIt3ExecuteScript command line option.

Cheers,

Amadawn

• Developers

I expected that if I #included an au3 file in the compiled script, the script that I execute via /AutoIt3ExecuteScript would also have access to it. However this is not the case. Instead it seems that I need to do a FileInstall of the files that I need to include. This seems kind of redundant since the file is already "included" in the compiled script. It is also not so clean since it means that I need to clutter the application folder with these include files.

That doesn't work like that since you started another AutoIt3 session using your compiled script's included runtimemodule, but that doesn't mean you will have access to the included source code in your compiled script.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

That doesn't work like take since you started another AutoIt3 session using your compiled script's included runtimemodule, but that doesn't mean you will have access to the included source code in your compiled script.

Jos

Thanks for explaining the technical details Jos. Nevertheless this is something that would be really useful! Hopefully someone could pick the idea and implement it :-)

Angel