PSPad highlighter settings help

I have been useing PSPad for some time now, and really like it.

I just started trying out AutoIt, and am finding it to be very powerful, and was happy to learn that AutoIt included PSPad support.

I tried to get it to highlight similar to the highlights I see in SciTE4Autoit3 and was able to get in Crimson Editor by running the included install script.

I copied

"AutoIT3.DEF" to "\PsPad\Context" folder

"AutoIt3.ini" to "\PsPad\Syntax" folder

but couldn't figure out where the "autoit3.key" goes, and assume that is why alot of the highlights are missing.

I have seen this forum entry for a PSPad Configuration Tool, but the links don't seem to work, and he never posted the code to give me an idea of what it was doing. I can't seem to find this anywhere else.

I would be happy if I could get just the highlights working, but would appreciate your configurations for the compiler tab under highlighter settings.

Thank you in advance for your help

P.S. You can skip recomending other editors, I have looked into as many as I can find, and my heart is set on PSPad muttley

Edited by Warrentheo

I think it's a safe bet that most of us are happily running SciTe, so it's not likely very many that could help you.

One idea i got was to ask in PSPad's forum, have you tried that? If not you could always try, it wont hurt you :)

Good luck in your search, I hope you will find the solution soon! muttley

• 1 year later...

From my point of view PSPad as a n editor is better for sure, but  SciTe is so tight with AutoIt.

I am using both on the same time. !!!

SciTe for compling & testing.

PSPad for searching for text in many file (my files is UTF8 not Ascii)

SciTe CAN not do search text in many file (gives blank list). if files are not Ascii.