Real Vista Aero Glass - Four functions

James

Is it possible to make the text look like this:

Posted Image

Edited by Firestorm

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

hmm mine doesn't seem to come out quite right. Any ideas?

Posted Image

I'm running W7 so maybe that's throwing it off. I don't have a Vista machine to test it on.

Thanks,

Kenny

See my posts in the thread. The first hack has a bug. I used the wrong subscript for the first label. If you look through you'll see what I mean.

MilesAhead, it's a sweet little hack.

Also, Ken, it works fine for me on 7.

Thanks. I tried a few things then ProgAndy suggested using labels. That works nicely.

Since it's a general purpose routine it was easy to add glass to my about box, color pick dialog, hotkey pick dialog. Really spiffs up the little utility. If you're curious download the latest:

http://www.favessoft.com/ReOpen.zip

Edited by MilesAhead

Two new functions, check out first post.

This looks awesome. Very nice. Only problem is still that text.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Nice Work :)

you know what , you can create a GUICreate Function Only that it enables the user to have Glass inside it's application , you know like AeroGUICreate with the same GUICreate arguments but with an extra one that defines the way ( clientframe or blur behind )

Edited by komalo
[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]AutoIt Script Examples :[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]_CaptureBehindWindowGlass CMD for Windows Vista/Seven[/size][/font][left][/left][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]Non AutoIt Script programs : Border Skin - Aero Glass On XP[/size][/font]

I don't quite see how to get controls on top not to be affected. Any function I use results in badly drawn controls.

I think I saw some code on Code Project or someplace where the guy draws controls and text over glass. It looked like a real pita. That's why I'm sticking to border effects for now. I don't know if there are all that many windows that are useful being semi-see-through anyway. Of course I'd try it if it didn't look like it would take a month of messin' with it. iirc you can't use any of the ownerdraw draw text library functions. They won't be legible.

I think I saw some code on Code Project or someplace where the guy draws controls and text over glass. It looked like a real pita. That's why I'm sticking to border effects for now. I don't know if there are all that many windows that are useful being semi-see-through anyway. Of course I'd try it if it didn't look like it would take a month of messin' with it. iirc you can't use any of the ownerdraw draw text library functions. They won't be legible.

I saw that same thing too. Everything I read said use ownerdrawn controls, kinda sucks.

I found some VB6 code but it's so confusing and in French.

• 2 months later...

@spazpunt: I believe context menus can't be altered... not sure though.

the glass functions are really awesome. I used it a bit (the about-box in caravelle and for this). Thank you, James! >_<

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I used it also for Caravelle3's installer. It looks wonderful thanks to your efforts! :(

Edited by RomanK
[font="Courier New"]http://RomanK.hondadesigns.com[/font]

On XP it doesn't work, because XP doesn't feature the Aero Glass effects. They were introduced with Vista and continue on Win7. You may find more info here.

I attached a screenshot of Caravelle's installer, so you see what it looks like on Vista.

Later, I can add a screenshot of how it would look on XP. However, you won't have the glass effect on XP.

EDIT: Okay, now you can compare what a glass GUI and a non-glass GUI looks like. On both screenshots, it's the same application, left on Vista/Win7 and right is XP.

post-38828-1249807064883_thumb.jpg post-38828-12498115657428_thumb.jpg

regards,

Roman

Edited by RomanK
[font="Courier New"]http://RomanK.hondadesigns.com[/font]

• 3 weeks later...

Black should work. You need to create an area around the button.

Ahh, read the entire topic this time around... Should have the first time... :D

http://www.planet-source-code.com/URLSEO...asp/txtCodeId!69756/lngWid!1/anyname.htm

That appears to show some examples using VB. I'm about to look it over, need to go nab VS real quick. Just pointing it out in-case it helps. :D

The above link may be an answer to FireStorm's question. :D

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND